Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Are some under-skin new features revealing themselves?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G

Dear FT managers,
I have noticed a few new features which appear as a page is loaded (Firefox 3 on WinXP netbook) this week on my browser. As the page loads up they seem to disappear.

It's quite interesting.
When a main forum page loads, I get the message 'you have x posts in this thread'. This disappears when the forum icons load in,

Just before I posted this, I was given a slightly different menu at the top of the screen. Instead of just a link to view by last post, there was a reverse-order link, too. Plus maybe another link or two.

I tried to paste what I'd seen, but lost it.
Is this just a quirk of the slow loading, while the servers connect to internetbrands.com, google ads, google syndication, quantserve and all the other adserving connections (which takes a couple of seconds)? My pages have been loading rather slowly recently, which may be a result of either the FT back end or if my computer has a virus.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Bizi,

I don't think this is a new feature. The text you see is still there when you hover over the thread icon. I guess your icons are loading slower these days, and thus you have the time to see the associated text.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jan 28, 2009, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Thanks, GenevaFlyer. I can see the message when hovering over the icon.

I'm unsure if it is just a slow 3G connection or a poorly set-up Firefox browser, but it is taking some time to load pages - while I see all of the behind the scenes ad servers etc being polled (all the above plus doubleclick and maybe more).

I'll look at setting it up to remove the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.