Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk Wireless Problems/Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:31 am
Tim at WebFlyer

FlyerTalk Wireless Problems/Feedback Thread

If you have problems with the FlyerTalk Wireless post them here. This area has been set up at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/wap/
(If you try to access it with a normal web browser you will likely just be sent back to the FT home page.)

Note:
If you are having problems logging in make sure you are entering your password in correctly as it is case sensitive and some phone browsers will capitalize the first letter in a form entry automatically. See the post by PremEx below for details.

Last edited by Tim at WebFlyer; Jan 26, 2006 at 11:54 am

Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.02; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Works like a charm, thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't seem to log in from my fairly new Motorola E815 cell phone using Verizon Mobile Web 2.0 Browser.

I get a message from FlyerTalk Wireless after entering my username and password that says something like "Either the username or password are incorrect, or you are not authorized to access this service."

SOLUTION FOUND. See Post #10 below.

Last edited by PremEx; Jan 26, 2006 at 4:22 pm
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6102/2.0 (03.38) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

logged in on my nokia 6102 as we speak
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:07 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by PremEx
I can't seem to log in from my fairly new Motorola E815 cell phone using Verizon Mobile Web 2.0 Browser.

I get a message from FlyerTalk Wireless after entering my username and password that says something like "Either the username or password are incorrect, or you are not authorized to access this service."

Just double checked and you are authorized to access the service so, it like a compatibility issue...

Could you try it again just to make sure that it was not an error in entering username/password? Then if it is still not working could you go to the following page w/ your wireless device and let me know when you have gone to it?

http://wiforums.net/mime.php

Thanks,

Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
My phone is getting redirected back to the main FT home page. The useragent is:

Qtek8010 (Mozilla\4.0 compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220)
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:34 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by alanw
My phone is getting redirected back to the main FT home page. The useragent is:

Qtek8010 (Mozilla\4.0 compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220)
Could you hit the following link and let me know after you have done so?

http://wiforums.net/mime.php

Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
done.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (MOT-8720_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.104 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Figured it out! Brb.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got on! Here's what happened to me:

I tried again but with the same denial and re-direct back to the log-in page. But I did figure out what was wrong and here's what my log-in problem turned out to be.

Apparently username is not case sensitive, but password is.

My phone's browser starts every line with a capital letter. But my password is all lower case. That was the problem.

On the browser's toggle options it only gives you a choice of letters, symbols, numbers but no case selection. It just defaults to the phone's default, I guess, and automatically capitalizes the first letter of each line.

So I just typed in a second/duplicate "first" letter to my password string (that second one naturally came out lower case) and then deleted the first capitalized one so that the password was all lower-case. Then I hit "Login."

And that worked! Don't know if you can add the words "case sensitive" at the password box or not, but that might be a good idea?

Looks pretty slick! Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:52 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by PremEx
Got on! Here's what happened to me:

I tried again but with the same denial and re-direct back to the log-in page. But I did figure out what was wrong and here's what my log-in problem turned out to be.

Apparently username is not case sensitive, but password is.

My phone's browser starts every line with a capital letter. But my password is all lower case. That was the problem.

On the browser's toggle options it only gives you a choice of letters, symbols, numbers but no case selection. It just defaults to the phone's default, I guess, and automatically capitalizes the first letter of each line.

So I just typed in a second/duplicate "first" letter to my password string (that second one naturally came out lower case) and then deleted the first capitalized one so that the password was all lower-case. Then I hit "Login."

And that worked! Don't know if you can add the words "case sensitive" at the password box or not, but that might be a good idea?

Looks pretty slick! Thanks!
Nice catch... thanks for letting us know what the problem was! ^

Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:55 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by alanw
done.
I have sent a support request to the WiForums team on this. Hopefully you will be able to access it soon, give it a try tomorrow afternoon and give us an update of if it is now working or not. Thanks,

Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:44 pm

It looks great. Is there a help page on the main forum for the wap site? It has several new features, which I would like to find out more about, but would rather not do it on wap because its so slow (if that's not totally contradictory ).
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:27 pm
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by The Disco Volante
It looks great. Is there a help page on the main forum for the wap site? It has several new features, which I would like to find out more about, but would rather not do it on wap because its so slow (if that's not totally contradictory ).
There is not a faq yet on any of the features of FT Wireless on the regular site yet, no. That does sound a bit contradictory though, yes...

Old Jan 27, 2006, 6:32 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/5.1.2.9)

When I click on "My Forums" it has only a limit number of the many forums I subscribe to. Anyone else notice this, or am I missing a solution?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.