Wiki Posts
Search

US Navy banner ad prevents FT pages from loading

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
US Navy banner ad prevents FT pages from loading

A Navy banner ad hosted by a.tribalfusion.com prevents FT pages from loading. I worked around it by reloading my etc/hosts file from someonewhocares.org -- is this what you really wanted?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by mbstone
A Navy banner ad hosted by a.tribalfusion.com prevents FT pages from loading. I worked around it by reloading my etc/hosts file from someonewhocares.org -- is this what you really wanted?
It's not an issue we are seeing.

Browser, OS?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:54 pm

I'll 2nd the having problems

It's giving me a hard time also. I'm using Explorer, and I'm having screen freeze, and popups. This is the only banner ad that gives me trouble!
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by John at Webflyer
It's not an issue we are seeing.

Browser, OS?
IE 6.0.2900.2180
XP Home SP 2 v 5.1 Build 2600
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Tribal Fusions seems to do NO testing on their ads... I have more than one system that locks up IE or Firefox (both XP w/Latest Service Packs + Security CHanges + Latest Sun Java) whenever their pop up ads occur.

Also seems od that FT is the *ONLY* site where pop ups still seem to get around my pop up blocker. Something isn't right in the way these guys test, distribute and force their ads.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I can't stand ads with noise since we're mentioning the US navy one.

I need to have my speakers on at work for incoming messages and alarms and when it pops up every 3rd page, gotta rush to close it.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:36 pm
DEK

I'm having a problem also, the initial page of Flyertalk loads very fast with no banner's, however when I try to navigate to/from the different forums and post it can take up to 2 minutes to load the various pages. Down on the left hand part of my screen it says: Connecting to a.tribalfusion.com...?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 7:46 pm

Thumbs up

Nothing against the Navy, but. Now that their ads and popups are gone, so are my computer problems!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.