How do I access Coupon Connection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I access Coupon Connection?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy How do I access Coupon Connection?

ok.... I was able to see coupon connection yesterday and posted a message to trade miles. Today, I can't see coupon connection after I log-in. What should I do?? Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:49 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Let me apologize.

Thanks for the post. You've done nothing wrong. We've recently had some discussions on how to best manage the Coupon Connection forum and it was decided that going forward, that we would "mask" it to members who did not meet a specific level of time enrolled on FlyerTalk as well as contributing posts. It was felt that perhaps the privilege of access would come over time and i can't say i disagree. We have had our hands full of people coming to FlyerTalk hoping just to snag some of the freebies and others coming to try to get stuff for free and resell on eBay and others who try to make it a marketplace of buying and selling. None of the later are what we hope FlyerTalk is all about.

The change is more to manage our continued growth rather than harm anyone currently as a member. I do apologize that it seems you might be in the middle of this. It was certainly not our intent.

It does look like you are well on your way toward realizing just how valuable an information warehouse FlyerTalk is for the topics of travel, miles and points and I think it's easy to say that if you continue contributing as you have that you'll find Coupon Connection re-appearing on your browser in the future.

While I'd rather not post the requirements as we don't want needless posts being offered up just to meet these guidelines, I realize that the answer could be important to some of our members as something to look forward to, so, if you promise not to tell anyone, i can let you know that the participation requirements for Coupon Connection are being a member in good standing for 90 days and have contributed at least 90 posts toward the goal that FlyerTalk has in being the most valuable travel resource you will ever know.

I accept that my apology of these changes for some members who may have had access in the past hardly makes up for what you have seen available in that forum, but our daily challenge is always to make sure that the FlyerTalk of our future is one that can withstand our constant growth and yet still be of relevant value. As noted, for you and many others, we still will be offering the benefit of this forum for you in your future here.

And while i do not mind re-answering this particular question over the next few days, i'd rather any member with further questions please contact me by Private Message (PM). I'll close this particular thread so that you can contact this other way.

and thanks Valentino, you're question was relevant and worthy of an answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.