Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

What's w/ chat? Bounced off & then can't log on cuz I already am?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2004, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

This has happened to me periodically, including just now. For some reason I get bounced off of chat, but when I go to connect again it tells me the user (me) is already using chat & to use another name. I clear out the temp internet cookies & temp files (if there's something else I need to be doing, someone let me know - and put it in kindergarten terms) & still says the same thing. Only way to get back in is to restart the computer, which is a bit of a pain.

Any info appreciated. Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:12 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Sharon,

I believe there is some time delay when this happens... at least it is so for me.

When I try to get back in and am told I am already logged in. I usually wait about 5 minutes... and then try... and usually get back in.

William
Old Nov 2, 2004, 9:36 am

I think wharvey is correct -- it's not really an issue on your pc. It's the chat server keeping you on the system for a little while after your connection is lost.

Eventually the server updates to show that you are no longer logged in, and at that time you can log in again.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
thanks guys - will wait 5 next time. guess since i'm just so eager to get back on (and also cuz internet fee is mounting!) i try to log on right away. hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does will wait 5. cheers. sharon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.