Search

Still a way to search the archives?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2004, 2:36 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Still a way to search the archives?

I'm probably just missing something that's in plain sight, but I can't find where to search for posts that are archived and are more than a year old. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

There are no more archives.

Archiving the forums every six months or so was necessary due to the limitations of the old software.

All archived mileposts have been re-incorporated back into their respective forums. Simply do a Search in the desired forum (or all of FlyerTalk, if you like) and make sure you search from the beginning (as opposed to the last 10 days, for example).

I hope this was of some help to you, letiole. If not, please let me know and I will attempt to clarify what I wrote in this milepost...
Old Oct 18, 2004, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Canarsie. I'm trying to find posts with JAX in the thread title from the Mileage Run forum from 2001. Unfortunately, when I do I search I just get posts from 2004. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 5:02 pm

Do any of the threads on this page qualify as the thread for which you are searching, letiole?

If so, please let me know.

By the way, the search took me fewer than 15 seconds. If you have not already figured it out, I will reveal to you how I did that after you post in this thread again...
Old Oct 18, 2004, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Do any of the threads on this page qualify as the thread for which you are searching, letiole?
Alas, a link to a search doesn't remain active very long.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie

If so, please let me know.

By the way, the search took me fewer than 15 seconds. If you have not already figured it out, I will reveal to you how I did that after you post in this thread again...
So cruel to make a grown woman beg.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 7:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Quick way

On forum page you want to search select "Search this Forum" (top right), then click on "Advanced Search" (bottom of the drop down box). Type in handle and select "Find Posts by User" or "Find Threads Started by User" as applicable. Then click on "Search Now" button.

Long way

From anywhere, select "Search" (top bar) then click on "Advanced Search" (bottom of the drop down box). Type in handle and select "Find Posts by User" or "Find Threads Started by User" as applicable. Just underneath this is a list of fora which you can select to narrow the search (the short way above has pre-selected current forum). Then click on "Search Now" button.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
From anywhere, select "Search" (top bar) then click on "Advanced Search" (bottom of the drop down box). Type in handle and select "Find Posts by User" or "Find Threads Started by User" as applicable. Just underneath this is a list of fora which you can select to narrow the search (the short way above has pre-selected current forum). Then click on "Search Now" button.
Excellent guess, Kiwi Flyer.

That is exactly what I did using the FlyerTalk name of letiole, except I limited the search to the Mileage Run forum and used Find Posts by User. Four pages appeared as a result.

The thread which you have requested, letiole, should be found on page three.

Please let me know if the thread for which you were searching indeed appeared as a result, and please accept my apologies for the expired link.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Apparently I was putting in entirely too much information into the search feature. The thread I was looking for turned up on page two after following your directions Canarsie. There were lots of JAX MR threads in those good ole days.

I don't know how I would have the thread though if I didn't recall the name of any of the posters involved.

Last edited by l etoile; Oct 19, 2004 at 8:07 am
Old Oct 24, 2004, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by letiole

I don't know how I would have the thread though if I didn't recall the name of any of the posters involved.
You do not need to.

Just typing the letters JAX into search box will do it, but more matches will of course come up.

If you restrict it to JAX in heading only box it gets more specific.

That is assuming Search is working, which as you can see from my nearby thread it is not - very well anyway.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Funny you mention JAX as I need a mileage run out of SFO in next few weeks as I checked UA fares only an hour back which were now at scary levels!

I seem to recall Tom911 used to do a few of those RT each weekend? AND got $600 bump vouchers on many of them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.