Everchanging timestamp in posts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member

Would someone explain to me why the timestamps of posts in threads keeps changing from many hours in the future, to almost current time, back somewhat into the future? It drives me nut!

Thanks as always!
Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:40 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by L1011...N/StoHNL!
Would someone explain to me why the timestamps of posts in threads keeps changing from many hours in the future, to almost current time, back somewhat into the future? It drives me nut!

Thanks as always!
Do you have examples, links, etc?

Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Actually, no. When is was shepherding the iPods conga line in SPAM, I would notice that the times at (actual) 9 p.m. EDT would show as 1:30 a.m. tomorrow. Today, I noticed the same phenom. The times in there were up to 7:58, then corrected to 2ish. Now they're back to the 7s. I notice the adjustment takes place around midnight. It's very odd. I will try to track to give examples.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Here goes. At 4:18 p.m. EDT today, post 1193 in FreeiPod conga line in SPAM was timed 8:18. Right now, at 6:08 p.m. (EDT), it shows 2:18 p.m.
I hit Printscreen each time and can FAX them to you if you'd like.

Take care.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

And now, 2 minutes later...

It shows as 8:18 p.m. again. Too weird.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:13 am
dan at WebFlyer

Sounds like you may have some caching issues going on with your system/connection. The times seem pretty normal to me, ie. they're in chronological order, as is the rest of the thread.

Post #1193 says "2:18 pm", and it's between Post #1192 (2:11 pm) and #1194 (2:45 pm).

Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
Sounds like you may have some caching issues going on with your system/connection. The times seem pretty normal to me, ie. they're in chronological order, as is the rest of the thread.

Post #1193 says "2:18 pm", and it's between Post #1192 (2:11 pm) and #1194 (2:45 pm).
Thanks Dan. It's just the way the time jumps 6 hours back and forth within minutes. It seems odd, but not a problem. I've seen it at the office and at home, different systems. Take care.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

I figured it out!

When logged in, the time shows Eastern +4 hours. When you log out, time is Eastern -2. Very interesting....well, not really.

Take care.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:33 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by L1011...N/StoHNL!
When logged in, the time shows Eastern +4 hours. When you log out, time is Eastern -2. Very interesting....well, not really.

Take care.
Do you have a custom time zone set in your profile?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.