Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some messages unviewable

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
Some messages unviewable

When I try to read a couple of threads, the newer messages do not show up. One of these is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=17835

When I open it up, the last message I see is dated June 11 at 11:57 pm. I added a message on the 12th at 2:14 pm, so I know that there are more messages.

I also noticed this on this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=17835

When I open it up, the last message I see is dated June 11 at 8:55 pm. When I look at the header, it shows that it was updated on June 13 at 9:01 am.

The other thing I notice is that June 11 is referred to as yesterday, when in fact it should be day before yesterday as today is the 13th. Also, when I click on the links above, the entire thread shows, it is just when I do a search and then click on the thread that the messages are missing.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like you need to clear your browser cache and try logging out and in to the board, the threds show up just fine for me...

Have you tried a shift-reload to force your browser to reload the pages?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks! That worked!!!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by ScottC
Have you tried a shift-reload to force your browser to reload the pages?
Will you elaborate on this? I am sometimes unable to read threads that have been linked. Would "shift-reload" help me?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 10:54 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Will you elaborate on this? I am sometimes unable to read threads that have been linked. Would "shift-reload" help me?

Thanks in advance.
Holding down the Shift key while clicking the refresh/reload button on your browser should force your browser to ignore its cache and pull the page from our server again.

But if you're talking about links where you click on them and receive some type of "page missing" error, that's a different issue, probably caused by an outdated/malformed link.

Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
Holding down the Shift key while clicking the refresh/reload button on your browser should force your browser to ignore its cache and pull the page from our server again.
Thanks for the explanation.

Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
But if you're talking about links where you click on them and receive some type of "page missing" error, that's a different issue, probably caused by an outdated/malformed link.
Yes, that describes my problem. But I'm still happy to learn the *shift-reload* trick. I'm sure I'll put it to use soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.