Search

Something strange is happening in OMNI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 1:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Question Something strange is happening in OMNI

When I post in OMNI, sometimes my posts show up and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they show up for a short time and then disapppear.

I also receive notice that I have a new PM from Scott every time I try to enter OMNI. When I check, there are no new messages? Weird.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 2:07 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Punki
When I post in OMNI, sometimes my posts show up and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they show up for a short time and then disapppear.

I also receive notice that I have a new PM from Scott every time I try to enter OMNI. When I check, there are no new messages? Weird.

Any ideas?

The PM thing sounds like a cookie issue, since something's not telling the board that you've already viewed the PM.

Logout, then clear out your FlyerTalk cookies stored on your browser, clear cache and restart the browser.

As far as the disappearing/reappearing posts, what are some posts that you can give as examples?

Old Jun 11, 2004, 3:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I had made a post at 11:36 regarding how tired Mrs. Reagan looked. It hadn't shown up by noon, so I just figured I had messed up somoehow and reposted.

I thereafter received a note from Scott telling me he had closed the dupe thread. I went to the open thread and posted an aplogy, my response showed up initially and then disappeared. An hour or so later it reappeared.

Weird.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 12:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Logging out and logging back in solved the issue of notes from Scott, but there still seems to be a lag between the time I post and the time the posts appear.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Punki - there are always strange things happening in Omni . As an original member, you should know that
Old Jun 14, 2004, 11:26 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Punki
Logging out and logging back in solved the issue of notes from Scott, but there still seems to be a lag between the time I post and the time the posts appear.
Sounds like a proxy issue. I'd check with your network admin.

Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Are you a right winger or a left winger?
Old Jun 17, 2004, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Yes, this is probably a proxy issue. I've noticed when I'm using certain proxies, I can't see my own post I've recently posted until about an hour or so later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.