Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Redirect to spam site: www.www.flyertalk.com.org?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

Pulling up www.flyertalk.com today in Ireland I kept getting redirected to a spam site (www.www.flyertalk.com.org) with a couple of additional pop-ups
to other spam sites.

It happened three times in a row and unless I'm developing dyslexia I'm sure my spelling was right.

I ended up having to use one of the links in my history to get to the real flyertalk.

DNS problems?

-- Dambus
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
I believe the actual address

is www.smarterliving.com/ff/FlyerTalk. Hope that works for you.
That's what I have bookmarked.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:43 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Dambus
Pulling up www.flyertalk.com today in Ireland I kept getting redirected to a spam site (www.www.flyertalk.com.org) with a couple of additional pop-ups
to other spam sites.

It happened three times in a row and unless I'm developing dyslexia I'm sure my spelling was right.

I ended up having to use one of the links in my history to get to the real flyertalk.

DNS problems?

-- Dambus

Clear out your browser's cache and cookies. I'd also check any proxy or gateway server settings you may be behind. http://www.flyertalk.com seems to be performing correctly.

Old Apr 12, 2004, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
Clear out your browser's cache and cookies. I'd also check any proxy or gateway server settings you may be behind. http://www.flyertalk.com seems to be performing correctly.
Thanks for the feedback Dan.

Everything seems to be working again. I've sent a query to my ISP asking if they can figure it out. I have also scanned my PC for spyware / viruses etc. but didn't turn up anything. Very weird.

-- Dambus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.