Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else finding the IT problems with FT getting worse and worse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.

Is anyone else finding the IT problems with FT getting worse and worse? All the time now threads and posts go missing, even the direct links don't work. How much longer is this going to be happening for and when are they going to finally get it fixed?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: TK *G
One problem I noticed is that when I try accessing FT on my iPhone, the page automatically gets redirected to some weird websites and then the app store opens and some weird apps like uber pops up.

I don't have this issue on desktops.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:16 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by songsc
One problem I noticed is that when I try accessing FT on my iPhone, the page automatically gets redirected to some weird websites and then the app store opens and some weird apps like uber pops up.

I don't have this issue on desktops.

Is this while you are on the mobile version of the site? And is there any particular ad that triggers this, or at random?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:41 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Is anyone else finding the IT problems with FT getting worse and worse? All the time now threads and posts go missing, even the direct links don't work. How much longer is this going to be happening for and when are they going to finally get it fixed?
We are not getting such reports.

If you're experiencing this, being as specific as possible so we can investigate is most helpful.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As an active member and as a Moderator (five fora, previously Senior Moderator responsible for all fora without appointed Moderators) who is on daily and performs a number of maintenance and curatorial tasks, I'm certainly not noticing this. I'm guessing this is less about FlyerTalk and more an external factor - your device(s) or use of incompatible software to mediate FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:54 pm

I am having great difficulty opening any posts for the past two days. Forums open fine, but if I click on any topic, I get a blank page and a spinning blue wheel on the tab.
Sometimes after about five minutes, the topic will open, like this one.
Haven't changed anything on my computer recently so I don't know why this is happening.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

I don't think IT is why posts go missing, Sean.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by NDFan
I am having great difficulty opening any posts for the past two days. Forums open fine, but if I click on any topic, I get a blank page and a spinning blue wheel on the tab.
Sometimes after about five minutes, the topic will open, like this one.
Haven't changed anything on my computer recently so I don't know why this is happening.
I'd recommend sharing information about your device, operating system, etc. so Admin can get a bit of help in troubleshooting.

And again, if anyone is using software to mediate (e.g. block ads) FT, there's really nothing that can be done from this end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.