Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Quotes truncate / margin narrowed - due to mobile update?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quotes truncate / margin narrowed - due to mobile update?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:24 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Oh, I get it. If there is an ad, then it makes the quote skip many lines (cause it doesn't resize the text correctly, or at all). If it isn't a quote and there isn't an ad then it just appears normally (the text is just moved to the left of the ad).
Originally Posted by 1P
Yes, it's the ads. I know we have to have them, but couldn't we restrict them to just the r.h. margin instead of actually in people's posts?
Can you post a full-page screen shot? Or better yet a LINK to a thread where it is happening and instructions on how to reproduce? I am not seeing this.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:36 pm

So you can see the ad at the bottom, one with a regular post, and one with a quote. The one with a quote is messed up. Text doesn't re-flow.
Attached Images   
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:18 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So you can see the ad at the bottom, one with a regular post, and one with a quote. The one with a quote is messed up. Text doesn't re-flow.
Tech suggests that your screen resolution may be set too low when this happens. Do you know what your resolution is?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:19 pm

1920X1080. But when I change the zoom factor that makes a difference. At 125% on Chrome it doesn't re-flow. At 110% it is fine.

Last edited by s0ssos; Jun 22, 2016 at 9:29 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by IBobi
Answer from tech is that the quotes work better on mobile when they are narrower than they used to be. They're set to the max width they can be set to right now without creating formatting havok across the page.
Why do quotes work better on mobile when they're narrower? I looked at some posts that had quotes in them & then discussion of what was being quoted & the display of what's being typed/discussion, such as I'm doing w/ this paragraph (to use as an example). The quote is shorter, but what is being displayed outside of the quote (aka, the response) still flows across full-screen, so I don't understand how having the quote slimmer makes any difference if the full width is going to display for the part that's being written that's not a quote.

I checked how it displayed on my tablet as well as my laptop. The tablet displays just like the laptop does & how I explained above/shown as an example. I have difficulty displaying FT on my cell phone to begin w/, so maybe someone else can look at this post on their phone & see if the quote margins and the discussion margins line up or if quote is slimmer than the discussion.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.