Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Profile Page Visits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Profile Page Visits

I joined FT in 2009 and until more recently, I was lurking more than posting - that was until the Seoul FT do and although I am not a prolific contributor, I was surprised to see that I have had over 1,000 visitors to my profile page.

Despite my limited postings, I thought this quite a high number of 'visits' and got me thinking as to why people view the profiles of fellow members.

One of the reasons that come to mind is when guesting someone into a lounge - but some insight into fellow FT's reasons for visiting other members profile pages would be interesting.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I blame smartphones. The amount of times i end up in a profile page when i am trying to click a thread link....
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I've moved this question into the Tech Support and Feedback forum.

Speaking only for myself, browsing forums on the iDevice, I occasionally open member profiles by accident. Sausage fingers here simply misses the little blue icon, clicking on the adjacent username instead

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero

Speaking only for myself, browsing forums on the iDevice, I occasionally open member profiles by accident. Sausage fingers here simply misses the little blue icon, clicking on the adjacent username instead

Prospero
That seems a logic explanation for the apparent high count of visits - and here's me thinking that the majority of FT's were just overly inquisitive.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes I'm a bit curious about a comment in a post and want to see if there's more information about the person's background (such as their occupation) in the profile, but most of the time it's a mistake on a touch screen. No fat finger excuse for me, just lack of attention to detail, I guess.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Prospero

Prospero
I've done that three times already this morning. (The fourth one, looking at passy777's profile, was deliberate. )

Happens with greater frequency using my smartphone, slightly less using my Kindle Fire HDX, lesser when using my iPad and hardly at all when using a desktop computer.

It's the "Human Hand Mark 1" bug.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by passy777
I was surprised to see that I have had over 1,000 visitors to my profile page.
Uh, oh, you've found a new metric for us all to obsess about! As much as I am on here, I've never noted that I can see how many folks have clicked on my profile. I learned something new today.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Uh, oh, you've found a new metric for us all to obsess about! .
Good one. Now I checked I have 800 posts but more than 1000 profile visits which makes me obsessed about the idea than I am an interesting person!!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:08 am

Is Big Brother watching YOU?

Just noticed that among the 10 most recent visitors to my FT profile page is BA App Official. I must have said something naughty...

Has anyone else been paid a visit recently?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Yes. I did raise it with a mod, but was shrugged off...
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:26 am

Me too...
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:49 am

Try accessing the forum on an ipad ... touching the 'last post' triangle will invariably result in you managing to hit the username instead.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Try accessing the forum on an ipad ... touching the 'last post' triangle will invariably result in you managing to hit the username instead.
Very true, I've unintentionally visited so many Profile pages over the years.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yes, most likely an accidental visit. I've ended up on quite a few profile pages by accident.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
I do this several times and always by mistake.

In any event, FT is a public forum

H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.