Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Else Having Probs With FT on IE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:47 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Anyone Else Having Probs With FT on IE

Hi All

Not very technical but was just wondering if anyone else has been having similar problems. I usually use IE for my web browsing and hence this is the browser most commonly used when I come on to FT. I usually frequent the BA FT board and add my tuppence worth if the subject is something I have experience with.
A few weeks ago I was going to throw some info into the ring and logged on to my account. Every time I pressed the submit reply button, FT would log me out and require me to log back in and my reply would have disappeared into the never never. Even trying to log in and contact support would end up with the same result. I gave up after four or five times and logged in via Firefox which was no problem.
The same has happened this morning and have again had to revert to Firefox to log in.
I haven't changed any settings and when logging in select the remember me box but it still forgets me .
Anyone else experienced this or similar?

Safe & Happy computing

S
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
For goodness sake, get rid of the kludge that is IE. Switch to Firefox or Chrome, and add the ....... addon and/or Ghostery, and spend half as much time waiting for pages to load.

Cheers,

Doc
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:01 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
For goodness sake, get rid of the kludge that is IE. Switch to Firefox or Chrome, and add the ....... addon and/or Ghostery, and spend half as much time waiting for pages to load.

Cheers,

Doc
Hi Doc

I have got the ....... installed (strangely it doesn't seem to be working on Firefox) and don't seem to have many problems usually with IE. Suppose just used to working with IE. So any insight as to what the problem may be?

Edit: Just installed ....... on Firefox...Didn't realise you had to do it seperatley....Dooohhhhhh

Cheers

S

Last edited by Saltire74; Dec 28, 2014 at 8:04 pm Reason: Edit to add
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
My solution to problems like these involves deleting cookies, specifically if possible, shutting down the browser completely, or even rebooting the computer.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Works fine for me on IE 11 (Win 8.1). What OS + version of IE are you using? Maybe some of the IB staff folks can help you out.

Full disclosure: I work for Microsoft, not a shill
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I can't even get onto FT on my work computer anymore - haven't been able to in over two weeks. I have to use IE as some programs we use conflict with other browsers so switching browsers isn't an option for me. I just don't read FT as much as I did previously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.