Search

New Member Sign Up Username Selection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
New Member Sign Up Username Selection

Originally Posted by Flyertall
Well, as a newbie, I just registered. And the directions I was given at the top of the first page I logged into, the moment I verified my email, was to come to "Information Desk" first. I dutifully did, and found this Information Desk thread, and posted. If every newbie is presented with the same initial page that I was when I joined today, then that might explain the nature of some of the questions found here.

Also, it took about (exaggeratedly) 100 attempts just to pick a user name. I was this close to giving up after much time went by with each of my user names rejected. As an older person with marginal vision, having to resolve those cryptic captchas each and every time I couldn't guess at a user name that had not been taken, was a bit unnerving. After a 30 minutes or so, it becomes a contest of will, but I think some people wouldn't have the patience and just skip it.

A suggestion would be to incorporate the feature found on other forums, like the credit card forum, where as you are typing in a potential user name, a box appears immediately letting you know if the user name is taken or not. That would be so very helpful. Think of all the half hours of life you would be giving back to new members. Hope you consider it.

Anyway, I look forward to learning how to fly here.

Originally Posted by jackal
Great idea!

The forum administrators don't usually look in on this forum, but you might consider posting your experience and suggestion over here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-feedback-386/

The forum administrators do monitor that forum, and as they plan their future software upgrades, they may be able to incorporate your feedback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.