Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover to watch ads

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Rollover to watch ads

Maybe it is just me but these are the worst most annoying ads I have ever seen. Especially when they are to the right next to the scroll bar. Just passing over them causes the video in the case of My Secret Closet to launch every time.
What can be done to stop this?

And BTW My Secret Closet I will now never look at your add, your web site, or buy anything you have to offer. Maybe your social media people need to understand annoying users does not gain you business. You have lost the chance to earn my business forever.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA silver
+1000
Please Flyertalk, I understand the need for adds, but drop the annoying rollover adds. I can click if I want, but I hate having to watch where my cursor rests so as not to trigger one of these.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:31 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
As with all troubesome ads, capturing a screen shot is vital -- otherwise we don't know what ads to look into blocking.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA silver
It's the Sandals/Westjet one:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.