Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Can there be an "out of office" reply thingy for your PM box?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt

Ok so consider this example please:

Say you are traveling all over Europe for like 3 weeks and while you have your iPhone and maybe some wifi, it is certainly less of a priority.

You inform your friends by email and, in my case as a member of Talkboard, you tell FT you wont be here for X days... but there is more:

Problem:

You have like 193892138913 PMs coming in all the time. When at home this is fine--you enjoy this and you keep up and all that. You want it and you got it.

You are a good FT helper citizen and you answer them all, converse with all such people, and, as stated, you try to keep up.

Some of your contacts know you wont be around all the time or have time to get to them right away, but for others, you don't wanna let them down but you cant really reply for days or even weeks.

I know that with Yahoo mail (like I have) you can set up out of office replies or just tell your friends, etc.

but with FT PMs...

Is there a way, can there be a way to make an OUT OF OFFICE REPLY for those?

If there is a way, I dunno it. If there's not, does anyone feel the same way as me?

I don't want to have people I have been talking to NOT hear back from me. As a member of FT I need to remain a good steward of this forum and be as available as possible for readers, right? But PMers do not know that I am gone like my much closer email contacts might. Oh sure, some of them can wait or wont care about my delay in getting back to them anyway, but for others, I kinda want to help or be there for their question. And some do not know I am not there anyway. Might be nice if they did.

Solution:

Create an OUT OF OFFICE REPLY for PMs in FT.

Notes: This is NOT to imply we should inform the world we are traveling because then people with bad intent could know when you are not home. Instead, this is just letting people who PM you know why you may not be replying so quickly. You could even be around, but just not available. All I am asking for is the ability to have a tool each user can decide how to use or not.

Thanks
mm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.