where is my ft on the mobile app?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

where is my ft on the mobile app?

I can't seem to find it or quick links to forums I care about
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Doesn't exist.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Doesn't exist.
Interesting, thanks. Any ideas why? Surely it wouldn't take more than a day to implement such a simple feature.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:51 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by moondog
Quote:

Originally Posted by cblaisd

Doesn't exist.

Interesting, thanks. Any ideas why? Surely it wouldn't take more than a day to implement such a simple feature.
The current app is a dog as not only does it not function the way the desktop version does in terms of subscribed forums showing in "my Flyertalk", the first unread post option does not work as first unread on the app and first unread on the website lead to different posts and if posting to a subscribed thread from the app, be prepared for your subscription to that thread to drop immediate after posting-just to name a few things.

Now as to a new app not taking that long to develop, don't hold your breath as where I mentioned that the current version is a dog, the new but since pulled version of the app was a dog with fleas as nothing worked and based on posts in the thread about the pulled version, don't hold your breath for an update
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
The current app is a dog as not only does it not function the way the desktop version does in terms of subscribed forums showing in "my Flyertalk", the first unread post option does not work as first unread on the app and first unread on the website lead to different posts and if posting to a subscribed thread from the app, be prepared for your subscription to that thread to drop immediate after posting-just to name a few things.

Now as to a new app not taking that long to develop, don't hold your breath as where I mentioned that the current version is a dog, the new but since pulled version of the app was a dog with fleas as nothing worked and based on posts in the thread about the pulled version, don't hold your breath for an update
Thanks. I just uninstalled the mobile app, but since I'm subscribed to this thread, I'm guessing someone will post to it when my tiny issue is resolved, and then I'll try again.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:51 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
You don't have to delete/uninstall the mobile app if you don't want as this way you'll be notified of an update automatically
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:17 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Yes, sorry about that, guys. No My Flyertalk on the mobile version. I hope that in some future mobile solution we can bring more of the desktop functionality to mobile too. I usually run the full site on Safari, but I realize that's not a great option for everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.