Updated to Firefox 5.0... now aa.com doesn't work for me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold

This afternoon, my FireFox did an auto-update. Immediately following this, aa.com is a blank page. I've restarted, reloaded, re-tried. I figured it may be AA.com's fault. However, AA is working just fine in Internet Explorer. Anyone else running into weirdness today or do I need to call IT? Or buy a Mac?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Nicksta
This afternoon, my FireFox did an auto-update. Immediately following this, aa.com is a blank page. I've restarted, reloaded, re-tried. I figured it may be AA.com's fault. However, AA is working just fine in Internet Explorer. Anyone else running into weirdness today or do I need to call IT? Or buy a Mac?
I updated today also and aa.com works fine for me.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Delete cookies?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sounds like a great idea.^ And if it doesn't work after that, perhaps a reinstall is called for.

Originally Posted by dayone
Delete cookies?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Figured out how to do that just now. It worked for 1 minute, went to login, and then back to blank. Its certainly FF, just not sure how to fix it. And, this is probably the wrong forum for that!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:32 pm

Argh! No good - call Web Services at AA, and check FireFox support as well, assuming a deletion (save your favorites, etc. in separate files), cookie deletion and reinstall don't get it fixed. Good luck.

U.S. or Canada
1-800-222-2377
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

Figured out how to do that just now. It worked for 1 minute, went to login, and then back to blank. Its certainly FF, just not sure how to fix it. And, this is probably the wrong forum for that!

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 24, 2011 at 5:38 pm
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Just updated from 3.5.11 to 5.0 and AA.com is coming in loud and clear.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i got 1 on my old mac today....same prob for awhile, but went to ft for a bit, closed it....worked ok after getting back on....
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:26 pm

Just did the same on an older PC laptop running Vista - no problem with aa.com and logging on, seeing everything. All I have to say is, wow, with 5.0 the 'fox is flyin' fast!

IMO, it's time for a reinstall, Nicksta.

Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie
Just updated from 3.5.11 to 5.0 and AA.com is coming in loud and clear.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:41 pm

Anyone else running into weirdness today or do I need to call IT?
Yes, me too. Sometime this afternoon aa.com just started loading as a blank page with Firefox. And it's not due to a FF update because mine does not update.
If it's still happening tomorrow I will call web services.

Happy Travels.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by NDFan
Yes, me too. Sometime this afternoon aa.com just started loading as a blank page with Firefox. And it's not due to a FF update because mine does not update.
If it's still happening tomorrow I will call web services.

Happy Travels.
Same here - works fine on Safari by just a blank on the updated FF.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
FWIW, updated yesterday to FF 5.0 and aa.com works fine. Viewed account info, my reservations and made a reservation. All worked fine.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 7:59 am

Yep, as posted previously, that was my experience - it all worked.

For me, the questions now, once you have cleared your cache and cookies, are: Is it possibly an OS incompatibility (some updated browsers may have incompatibility issues with some older operating systems)? Is it an incompatible plug-in creating interference? Have you tried a complete reinstall? (And, do you have a backup browser installed, like Chrome, you can use?)

I'm going to Move this thread to the Technical Issues Forum for more geeky, er, informed, input , given some of us FTers are having no problems using Firefox 5.0 with aa.com, and others are. Technically, it's not an FT issue, but it is affecting FT members, so we'll see. /Moderator

(Disclaimer: Trust me, geek is good - I used to be one, installing ATC and navaids worldwide and being on call for emergency response when the local techs couldn't handle it. Support your local geek!)

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
FWIW, updated yesterday to FF 5.0 and aa.com works fine. Viewed account info, my reservations and made a reservation. All worked fine.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 25, 2011 at 8:21 am Reason: add before Moving thread
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
I've had strangeness on FF5 for about 4 days.

If my session times out, or i've left it on the aa.com login page (where my name is shown but would need to login to see any account details)

Logging in first time, my account credentials are not validated...

If I "logout" on the link at the top, and then log back in, all is okay.

Cleaned cookies / history etc, but behaviour is the same.

BM
Old Jun 25, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had other starngeness -- both at aa.com and elsewhere, but cannot be sure if they're FF 5.0 or something else.

At aa.com, I can login, etc, fine. But once I did a View Today's Deals and click on one of them, every since when I do a Book New Reservation and then click "start over", it takes me back to a page specific to the original sale flight I had cliicked on. I then have to go back to Book New Round Trip every time. (In this case, I neither tried clearing cookies nor IE. I wasn't realy trying to book anyway, just looking around a bit.)

Then, over at choicehotels.com, I cannot look up hotels avialable in a cityfor a particular night. Trying to pull that list up it just stalls, and then choicehotels.com reports it's temporarily down. (The very first time today it worked, then never again.) Except the very same query works fine with IE.

OTOH the problem I've been having for months with FF bloating my "commit charge" (in Task Manager) and thus slowing my computer way down seems to be gone. So I'd rather these problems be sorted out in FF 5.0 (if that's where they are) than go back to FF 4 or 3...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.