Wiki Posts
Search

How do I subscribe to Talkmail?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
How do I subscribe to Talkmail?

Subject says it all. I used to receive Talkmail but now I don't. (Haven't received it for several months now. ) Someone forwarded a recent issue to me which is why I now remember.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I did a search but could only find a thread from Sept 1999!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Do you have your profile set to receive e-mail from the administrator? Not sure that will help, but might be something to check on.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/profi...do=editoptions
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:28 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
There seems to be a problem with Talkmail subscriptions for some of us for some reason. Not sure if it is just us or others...

Apparently, the HOM cannot figure out... I have not gotten Talkmail messages for over a year.... even though I get all other communications.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I am setup to receive emails from admins, so that shouldn't be the issue.

In any case, I received a PM from a helpful FT'er offering to manually add me to the subscription list, so I think my problems should be resolved now. Thanks everyone! ^
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I'd also like to receive TalkMail. Checked my account and have always allowed emails from administrators but have never received TalkMail. If someone could add me to the list I would be most appreciative! Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by dalm
I'd also like to receive TalkMail. Checked my account and have always allowed emails from administrators but have never received TalkMail. If someone could add me to the list I would be most appreciative! Thanks.
i'm in the same boat, can you add me too?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:06 am

To make 100% sure that we're compliant with web spam standards, our opt-out list is a global list. This means that if you've opted out of any IB newsletters, you'll be opted out of all IB newletters.

I'll send your email addresses to the manager of the newsletters and see if any of you are on that list.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
Me too!

Just realized I haven't received TalkMail for months either. I don't see any way to subscribe or unsubscribe from it in my profile - the unsubscribe link in the online version takes you to "Edit options" in your profile, but there is nothing about TalkMail there.

Please help!

Thanks.
Old May 17, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Any improvement/update in this situation ?? Used'ta get T/M .. then nada

*bump*
/.
Old May 17, 2011, 3:25 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Tech has been alerted.

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited by IB-Dick; May 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Old May 17, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
Tech has been alerted.

Thanks,

Paul
In order to make sure that we don't send out unwanted emails, our previous newsletter system used a global out-out. This means that if you opt out from any Internet Brands newsletter, you are automatically opted out of all Internet Brands newsletters. I don't believe our new newsletter system works this way, but there is a chance that this might be what has happened. If you send an email to [email protected] asking if you are on our opt-out list, we can look into it for you. Of course, the bad news there is that you might start receiving the ford-trucks.com newsletter again!

More times than not, the problem is that the email is getting caught in your spam box, so always remember to take a look in there.

Finally, you can manually re-subscribe to the TalkMail newsletter by entering your email address in the form at The Gate. (note: if you're on our global out-out list, this probably won't work)
Old May 17, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
After posting last November I was contacted directly and re-subscribed. However it seems to have been a bit hit-and-miss since then. I have received a few TalkMail's (just got one in fact) but I don't think I've had them all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.