iPhone "Theme" And issues seeing all topics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver

Hi,

I recently switch my "theme" (I believe this is what its called) to the iPhone theme, as I access FT a lot from my Blackberry (using the Opera Mini 6 Browser)

After switching, I can no longer see all the various topics, such as the Airline-specific, Hotel-Specific, etc.

When I click on "view full version in the lower left hand corner, it simply refreshes the current page, and the aformentioned sections do not appear. HELP!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Note: That was when I click " Normal Version" that refreshes, not "full version"
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:00 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
We're talking about the FT mobile site, not the app, right?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:06 am
Original Poster

I've always used the regular www.flyertalk.com site, however, I change the "theme" to iPhone, hoping it would be more mobile-friendly. However, it is leaving off the aformentioned topics
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:57 am
Original Poster

I have also now tried logging in via a computer (Using MSIE 9.0) and when i click "NORMAL VERSION" it still just refreshes the page.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:03 pm

Can you be more specific?

You are at a regular PC, using Internet Explorer, and you cannot access the full site?

If the issue is persisting across mlutiple browsers, different hardware, and mobile/full site, it's almost impossible for it to be a technical issue; please be sure you are looking for forums that actually exist, and that you have not inadvertantly set up your browsing experience to block yourself from those forums.

You may wish to visit the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ock-issue.html
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

I do not mean to be rude, but seriously, how much more specific can i be.

I have ALWAYS used www.flyertalk.com on both my PC and my Blackberry. I HAVE NEVER NEVER NEVER accessed the FlyerTalk mobile site. My PC I use either Google Chrome, or MSIE 9.0, on my Blackberry I use Opera Mini version 5 or 6.

Today, under "My Flyertalk" under "themes" i believe it is called, i chose the "iPhone" theme, to see what it is like. Other options were "Board Default", and some other one that had a bunch of numbers.

Since then, I am only able to see the following forums:

Miles&Points

MilesBuzz!

Hotel Deals

Mileage Run Deals

S.P.A.M.
Travel&Dining

TravelBuzz!

DiningBuzz!

Travel Technology

Travel Photography

Travel Products

Newsstand

Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes

Travel Safety/Security

Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies

Luxury Hotels

Cruises

Budget Travel

European Rail Travel
Community

CommunityBuzz!

FlyerTalk Live! (chat)

Itineraries

Trip Reports

Blogs@FlyerTalk

The Coupon Connection

TalkBoard Topics
Support&Services

Technical Issues

Suggestions

New Features

And this is on ALL browsers that I previously mentioned. Using the iPhone theme that I chose, the "my flyertalk" option does not appear, and the button that says "Normal Version" DOES NOT WORK. It simply refreshes the current page.

Also, I am not an idiot. I am not looking for one specific thread, as I have explained twice already. I am looking for entire topics, such as the "UNITED MILEAGE PLUS" forum, and the like, which, as you can see in the above cut and paste, do NOT appear when I am using the iPhone theme.

Like I said, I dont want to sound condescending, however, i have said all of this already.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:40 pm

Go to My FlyerTalk

Under YOUR PROFILE, click EDIT DETAILS

Under SETTINGS & OPTIONS, click EDIT OPTIONS

Scroll down to MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS, FORUM SKIN

Change to USE FORUM DEFAULT

Click SAVE CHANGES
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:44 pm

If that does not work, try post #7 on the forum that discussed this problem previously:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...hone-skin.html

In the future, always remember to research tech issues on the forums before posting a new thread, as it is likely that other users have experienced similar issues and found a resolution
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

AGAIN, as i indicated in 3 posts already,

And this is on ALL browsers that I previously mentioned. Using the iPhone theme that I chose, No menu options appear, not 'My Flyertalk', 'My Options', nothing.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

The link worked, and has reverted me back. Perhaps the iphone skin should be taken down, until these bugs can be worked out?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:49 pm

That's actually in the works, as this skin was never "officially" released and has had problems all along.

Happy posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.