Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:09 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
iPhone 4

Version 5.1.1

In the forums section, when clicking on any section that has sub-forums (e.g., "Airline Programs") this is what then occurs:

Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:46 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
You must click the < so that it points downward -- that will "open" the subforums
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by IBobi
You must click the < so that it points downward -- that will "open" the subforums
Wow, that's a bit unintuitive. Can I suggest that be added to the List Of Things To Make the App Actually Usable request list?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:55 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

+1

But thank you, IBobi, I'm back in business.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:00 am

But please, please, please make the default to show the sub-forums! It sometimes takes half a dozen tries to press that tiny tiny tiny arrow correctly for them to open.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: AP, AM
Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback

Agreed on the subforum comments. It'd also be nice if you could open by default to a targeted forum that you can save. In my case, Aeroplan.

Still though, the app is better than so many others out there. Even the fact it exists makes me happy.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
But please, please, please make the default to show the sub-forums! It sometimes takes half a dozen tries to press that tiny tiny tiny arrow correctly for them to open.
Anything new here? Would think this would be a very simple fix.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:12 pm

Submitted but not yet addressed. The app is on a set schedule of upgrades, so we are not able to do things piecemeal like we can with the forums, unfortunately.

Paul
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
(Sorry if this was addressed earlier.)

The "newest" posts in the iPhone app have far less content than the New Posts in the (standard) Flyertalk interface.

Is there a setting I can change?
Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
(Sorry if this was addressed earlier.)

The "newest" posts in the iPhone app have far less content than the New Posts in the (standard) Flyertalk interface.

Is there a setting I can change?
Thanks
At this time, that is the closest to the full site's feature that's available on the app.

And of course there's the option to just view the full site in your mobile browser.

Paul
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Okay Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:23 pm

On an iPhone 4S

Two minor issues, and not sure if they have been mentioned yet (searched, but couldn't find them):

1) The app likes to write "&" symbols as "&amp;". This means that "Miles&Points" appears as "Miles&amp;Points"
2) Open a sub-forum and often there is a black space between the bottom thread and the reload/subscribe/search functions. When I scroll down, this black space remains. However, sometimes the forum loads without this black space. It's about 50-50.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
When you look at a thread not accessed directly via the Forums option, you can't tell what forum a thread belongs to. Eg posters often don't specify the airline or hotel in question because they're obviously posting within a specific airline/hotel forum. When I see that post via iPhone, I often have no way of knowing they're referencing (eg) United.

Next, you can't see the entire thread title if it's long.

Last, the home page isn't sorted chronologically. It's sort of chronological, but with a mix of random.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:26 pm

Any news yet? Really hard to believe such a simple change can't be done in six months.

Originally Posted by IBobi
Submitted but not yet addressed. The app is on a set schedule of upgrades, so we are not able to do things piecemeal like we can with the forums, unfortunately.

Paul
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Any news yet? Really hard to believe such a simple change can't be done in six months.
Still in the iOS development queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.