Wiki Posts
Search

this site was hacked

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6, LUV
this site was hacked

This site was hacked, and the server was compromised. There was no notification from the management that passwords, etc. should be changed. That is poor.

How can I delete my account?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:22 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
What information does this site have that concerns you?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by panda317
This site was hacked, and the server was compromised. There was no notification from the management that passwords, etc. should be changed. That is poor.

How can I delete my account?
My question to you is how do you know passwords were compromised?
The "hack" looked like a simple redirect to me, not an actual breakin.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: WN CP
This thread is off-topic for the Southwest forum, so I am moving it to the Technical Issues forum.

IB-Dick has posted the following explanation:

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
We believe that the attackers found a vulnerably in a piece of software on the site. We became aware of the exploit last week and patched the software accordingly. Our security scan of the site did not uncover any additional problems, however someone had left a back door onto the server. We have located and removed the malicious scripts.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience today.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
if someone left a backdoor, it means they had access to file that could access other parts of the server/site...even if web based backdoor and not actual server side backdoor.

IB would be good to expire all passwords and require a force change.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: SWA EMP (the ultimate program)
In my experience as an administrator of various internet message board software, user account passwords are hex encrypted and are not even accessible to back end administrators. A password can never be recovered. You may have experienced a scenario where you've forgotten your log in, and had to go through the "forgot password" process. In which case you are asked to create a NEW password. This is a pretty well maintained and high end version of VB. I would not be worried.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:16 pm

Last edited by BayTalker; Sep 24, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.