Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Was FlyerTalk down yesterday, Friday the 13th?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Was FlyerTalk down yesterday, Friday the 13th?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2009, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Was FlyerTalk down Friday the 13th?

I could not even open FlyerTalk from any direction from about 1:00 pm US ET forward, yesterday. I have not received any email notices of new comments on threads I watch since then, even now.

One is never sure if it is one's own computer, or the system, so, guys, any comments? I do see in the "Slow / Timing out" thread that people seemed to be having problems on and off on Thursday the 12th. Perhaps there was an assault on Friday the 13th? Or a problem on the 12th cascaded on the 13th? Of course, it seems quite a coincidence that it would be spontaneous on Friday the 13th. Wouldn't it be just like a vandal to act on the 13th.....

Thank you.

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 17, 2009 at 7:03 pm
Old Nov 14, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I couldn't log on during Friday or this morning, although I'm on a different time zone to you.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 5:31 am

yes i think it was down because the website would not even open up
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
It was down most of thursday and friday both. Along with most of the other sites listed on www.internetbrands.com fora publicly traded company they have a TERRIBLE network status system(none that i found)
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steph3n
It was down most of thursday and friday both.
that was my experience as well.

hope the problem was resolved.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:12 am

This is simply unacceptable from Internet Brands, they need to get their act together.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by view
This is simply unacceptable from Internet Brands, they need to get their act together.
My employer (major company) corporate computer system was down all day yesterday (coincidence?) With that, and not being able to access Flyertalk, I was sure I had network troubles at home. Rebuilt the whole damn thing - then gave up. Well, it was a rainy day anyway.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by view
This is simply unacceptable
I have a friend who used to run Yahoo Mail. Fairly early in his tenure there, his team was responsible for a multi-hour outage. He waited to get called in to someone's office, to be fired, etc. It never happened. So he finally approached one of the execs, and was told not to worry about it. The general attitude was "It's a free service, let them ask for their money back."
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
For me it was down by mid-day and I couldn't get on again until I stopped trying around 7pm.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DullesJason
For me it was down by mid-day and I couldn't get on again until I stopped trying around 7pm.
Yes, it was cause big problems with cyber-attack due to FlyerTalk is down all day long. I couldn't get on the message boards at all. So unfortunately, they will have to being fixed. It should have to be more patience if they are running back to normal.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Um, do we know for certain it was a cyber-attack as opposed to homegrown IBB incompetence?

It's not users who access FT, etc. for free that IBB has to answer to; it's advertisers. It's just inexcusable for the whole IBB empire to disappear off the face of the earth for most of a business day.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Still no email alerts.

Are you receiving them?

Administrators, any word?

Thank you.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Arrow What happened? is it fixed?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate learning what occurred.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
There was an announcement posted by IBSteph stating that there was a cyber-attack.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by apados
There was an announcement posted by IBSteph stating that there was a cyber-attack.
Thanks. ^ I missed it at the top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.