Unable to access OMNI [requires 180 days/180 posts]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Access to the OMNI Fora

"OMNI, and OMNI/PR are forums where members who meet the 180/180 criteria can discuss non-travel related topics. These topics can range from anything like the NFL draft to medical topics, to pet ownership and weather in OMNI, and any political or religious topic in OMNI/PR.

Posts in OMNI and OMNI/PR do not count towards your post count."

Access to the OMNI fora requires you have 180 days of membership tenure on FlyerTalk and that you have made 180 contributive posts.

NOTE the FlyerTalk Rules caveat about "post padding":

"14. Post-Padding (link to this Rule)

Post-padding or other methods of repeated posting to artificially inflate a post count, enhance visibility on the board, or for any other reason, are not allowed."

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi guys, I was posting on omni this morning, however, I can't access omni now. Is there any requirement changes for posting in omni?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please see:

Originally Posted by Cholula
Just a note to let folks know that as of 3/18/11, OMNI will disappear for those FlyerTalk members who have both less than 180 posts and less than 180 days as a FlyerTalk member. Once you have reached those thresholds, OMNI will once again appear for you.

This decision was voted upon and approved by the TalkBoard. You can receive more information by accessing the TalkBoard Topics forum and clicking on the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...i-omni-pr.html

Thanks for your understanding.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:21 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but perhaps the FAQs need to be updated

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/faq.p...omni_cc_access

In order to access Coupon Connection 90 days membership on FlyerTalk is required, along with 90 posts. The limitation of access exists to keep the focus of FlyerTalk discussion on Miles and Points.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:01 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but perhaps the FAQs need to be updated

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/faq.p...omni_cc_access
?

The part/link you quoted and provided is about Coupon Connection, not OMNI. The focus of this thread is about OMNI, a different "animal" from Coupon Connection.

ETA:
My apology. Upon closer examination of your link (..."faq_misc_omni_cc_access"), I realize the tech front failed to properly include OMNI access clause/section in FAQs.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by lin821
?

The part/link you quoted and provided is about Coupon Connection, not OMNI. The focus of this thread is about OMNI, a different "animal" from Coupon Connection.

ETA:
My apology. Upon closer examination of your link (..."faq_misc_omni_cc_access"), I realize the tech front failed to properly include OMNI access clause/section in FAQs.
It was probably there before OMNI was opened to all, and was removed when that happened. Now, yes, it probably should be updated.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by lin821
?

ETA:
Originally Posted by kipper
It was probably there before OMNI was opened to all, and was removed when that happened. Now, yes, it probably should be updated.
Yeah, that's what I was confused about, sorry about that!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Been on flyer talk for about six years. Learned alot. Have almost 1mm and that for a liesure traveler. But I am naive about OMNI and what it does. Could someone just give me a thumbnail about its abilities. Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by stinkycop
Been on flyer talk for about six years. Learned alot. Have almost 1mm and that for a liesure traveler. But I am naive about OMNI and what it does. Could someone just give me a thumbnail about its abilities. Thanks
OMNI, and OMNI/PR are forums where members who meet the 180/180 criteria can discuss non-travel related topics. These topics can range from anything like the NFL draft to medical topics, to pet ownership and weather in OMNI, and any political or religious topic in OMNI/PR.

Posts in OMNI and OMNI/PR do not count towards your post count.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Thanks kipper for the info
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Hey guys,
Does access come automatically once you hit 180.. I used to have access and lost it when it was turned off... Just snuck over 180 today.. Still can't see it and miss PR

Never mind.. Working now...

Last edited by cblaisd; Oct 24, 2011 at 9:06 pm Reason: Merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Did you go on a posting run to get access? The mods are pretty good about catching it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
And just as I got to 90 posts ... I figure out why nothing changed!

Oh well...
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
I have 180 posts and been here over 180 days and I can't access OMNI. I can't even see Coupon Connection.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by frubio2012
I have 180 posts and been here over 180 days and I can't access OMNI. I can't even see Coupon Connection.
Try to log out and log in again. Sometimes, it takes a bit for the system to update. Likewise, if the mods feel you've been on a posting run to gain access, they may block your access.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Did you go on a posting run to get access? The mods are pretty good about catching it.
Sorry, I just saw your post today... Depends on what you call "run" I did post one or two posts in the hours before... Given I have been a member since 2010 and used to have access I would think that I would be ok...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.