Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Any recent experiences with TAP (MIA to LIS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, HH

Hello all,

Has anyone traveled this route lately? How has the service been and have they refurbished the cabins lately? We are traveling two in business and two in coach on a 330. I've tried to make since of which planes they are using for the Miami run. They have used 5 different 330s in the past week. (CS-TOP, TOE, TOG, TOI & TOJ) the TOP being a 2008 plane, the others from the late 90s of various origin LX&LH. We are supposedly on a 330v1 according to seatguru....... on the return we are on a 340 and they have used CS-TOC and TOD on the route lately. Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:27 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by oneeye4u76
Hello all,

Has anyone traveled this route lately? How has the service been and have they refurbished the cabins lately? We are traveling two in business and two in coach on a 330. I've tried to make since of which planes they are using for the Miami run. They have used 5 different 330s in the past week. (CS-TOP, TOE, TOG, TOI & TOJ) the TOP being a 2008 plane, the others from the late 90s of various origin LX&LH. We are supposedly on a 330v1 according to seatguru....... on the return we are on a 340 and they have used CS-TOC and TOD on the route lately. Thanks!
TP assigns A332s and A343s to all routes without making any distinction. There is only one exception: POA only gets recent A332s.

CS-TOE until CS-TOK still don't have AVOD.
All the others do, ie, all the A340s (CS-TOA until CS-TOD) and from CS-TOL until CS-TOR. The A340s were refurbished last year.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, HH
Yikes....... So the majority of the 330s they are flying to/from Miami don't have AVOD and here I thought I would be worrying about the old 340. Thanks for the information.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:36 am
tff

Originally Posted by oneeye4u76
Yikes....... So the majority of the 330s they are flying to/from Miami don't have AVOD and here I thought I would be worrying about the old 340. Thanks for the information.
You're welcome. But the fact that in the last days mostly old A332s have been flying to MIA is random. In fact, you have 50% chance of flying an A332 with AVOD, precisely because half of them have it and they are randomly assigned to all routes.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Good luck

Flew TAP EWR to LIS and no AVOD......My God that was a long flight and it reminded me of the 70's!

I last flew TAP BRU-LIS on June 28th in Business Class and no AVOD. Every TAP flight from FRA/MUC/LHR has had no AVOD so I quit flying TAP and their seats really suck! I only flew TAP in J last month as we missed our LX connection and they upgraded us!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:11 pm
tff

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Flew TAP EWR to LIS and no AVOD......My God that was a long flight and it reminded me of the 70's!
In the 70s there were no PTVs.

I last flew TAP BRU-LIS on June 28th in Business Class and no AVOD. Every TAP flight from FRA/MUC/LHR has had no AVOD so I quit flying TAP and their seats really suck!
No European airline offers AVOD in narrowbodies. The same applies to the vast majority of airlines throughout the world.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by tff

No European airline offers AVOD in narrowbodies. The same applies to the vast majority of airlines throughout the world.
AZ does on some Airbus.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:14 am
tff

Originally Posted by MAH4546
AZ does on some Airbus.
They have PTVs, which is not the same as having AVOD. In any case, in more than 70 flights with AZ, I have never been in a flight in which they have been used; not even for the safety demo.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by tff

Yes that was my tongue & check point! I am use to flying on Aircraft with IFE, especially when traveling long distances. Because I travel to LIS I have to choose carefully as TAP planes are aged and their seat pitch is poor. Their J class is not worth the value and IMHO a poor product, compare to what is out there. They focus so much on their newspaper selection as a benefit, its 2015! Flying into LIS from Europe on a connection is tough as so many ML carriers code share with TAP! I try to fly in on LX or LH when connecting especially when up front. With the new private owners lets see what happens.

I loved the TAP lounge in LIS, but its closed and the LIS airport now does it without star alliance access, just individual airline access and AC does not have a contract, so no point showing up early when I leave anymore.

Nice to see they choose to upgrade the airport instead of spending billions (they don't have) opening a new airportt!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, *A Gold, Club Accor Gold
Dear oneeye4u76,

I am flying this route, MIA to LIS on C next week and I will let you know of the latest conditions when I am back. Happy holidays!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, SW Gold
Originally Posted by NUNO
Dear oneeye4u76,

I am flying this route, MIA to LIS on C next week and I will let you know of the latest conditions when I am back. Happy holidays!
Nuno - I'm flying MIA-LIS in C in September 2016. Would really like to hear about the current conditions.

Thx!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Nice to see they choose to upgrade the airport instead of spending billions (they don't have) opening a new airportt!
A bit off-topic, but the new plans include reconfiguring the military base on the other side of the river into a secondary airport, where some LCC traffic might move to.

I think the idea of a new airport won't come up for a while.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, *A Gold, Club Accor Gold

Originally Posted by albfamily
Nuno - I'm flying MIA-LIS in C in September 2016. Would really like to hear about the current conditions.

Thx!
Dear albfamily,

Happy New Year! My TAP MIA-LIS in December 2015 was a very mixed bag. Here it goes why:
In MIA TAP is at terminal F, with the charters to Cuba . All the facilities are minimal including the lounge (Club America, a very old AA lounge), free shop almost non-existent, I was lucky because I order my Christmas gifts one week in advance through the DFA website (http://www.dutyfreeamericas.com/) and it was there waiting for me.
The flight left with a four (4) hour delay, due to technical issues, an old A330 where to be able to have back seat entertainment, TAP was obliged to eliminate two toilettes in Y and no duty free sales on board because there is no space for the trolleys The service was ok since I was flying C on a miles award ticket on seat row 1B. I slept really well the entire night flight. Because of the delay I ended up receiving more than 4,000 miles as compensation. I hope this helps and good luck with your September 2016 flight
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
A 4 hour delay on a European based carrier and regulation EU261/2004 requires them to compensate you with 600 per person unless the delay is convincingly out of their control, ie. weather. Mechanical problems or staffing issues are not generally considered exceptional and are no excuse for not paying compensation. TAP are one of the worst airlines for informing their passengers about this as legally obliged to do and also in paying up when required but I would encourage you to request it.

Details on their website.
http://www.flytap.com/mediaRep/edito...61_2004_en.pdf

TAP will initially tell you that compensation is only for cancellation and then that the delay was by reason of exceptional circumstances but stay firm and threaten legal action and they will pay. Only this way will we manage to improve their punctuality and reliability.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
A 4 hour delay on a European based carrier and regulation EU261/2004 requires them to compensate you with 600 per person unless the delay is convincingly out of their control, ie. weather.
Delay upon arrival. It is not clear that this was the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.