New Forum Proposal for a Copa | Connect Miles Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Hello,

What is the correct parliamentary procedure to request a forum for Copa and Connect Miles. In the past we posted Copa information as how it related to UA and Mileage Plus. Now that its a stand alone program, I am unsure where to post my observations and questions. Would any member of The Talk Board kindly advise.

Thanks in advance and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 12, 2015 at 9:39 pm
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
What is the correct parliamentary procedure to request a forum for Copa and Connect Miles.
I believe you want to read this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...onsidered.html
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mia
Thanks Mia. I had read that sticky before my post. I believe that my post is within guidelines for the request process (if not, sorry that I am mistaken)

Would a Talkboard Member kindly assist in moving this request forward. "I believe it for the Greater Good of FT as No Copa Forum exists and there has beeen considerable posting in the UA and MP Forum when Copa used MP as their FF Program. Connect Miles is a Stand Alone program with no Forum nor Thread where FT members could discuss.

Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 12, 2015 at 9:24 pm
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I am initially open to considering a launch of a Copa Airlines | Connect Miles forum — especially now that the airline has its own frequent flier loyalty program.

Let’s see what other FlyerTalk members have to say.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How about someone who advocates this providing the questionnaire information/data for us?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How about someone who advocates this providing the questionnaire information/data for us?
Please elaborate. Is this questionaire for a Talk Board Member to complete. I browsed through the Sticky, would you kindly provide a cut and past for which you are seeking. I do not see a specific questionnaire (re: my OP requesting the procedure) I would appreciate the courtesy.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Please elaborate. Is this questionaire for a Talk Board Member to complete. I browsed through the Sticky, would you kindly provide a cut and past for which you are seeking. I do not see a specific questionnaire (re: my OP requesting the procedure) I would appreciate the courtesy.. Thanks and Safe Travels
The new forum criteria is in post #1 of the linked thread but will cut & paste it here:

The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hmm, I'm interested. I visit the North American Airlines forum fairly regularly and I have noticed that the majority (or at least plurality) of threads there are about a Copa and they did just get their own FFP. I'll go post a link to this thread over there and we'll get some more input.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Now that CM has its own FF program, yes, I believe CM ConnectMiles warrants its own forum.

It will be more active than quite a few of the existing forums.

I think it will also clear up some confusion, as people still post CM questions in the UA forum.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EP/MM
Now that they have their own FF program I think it would be very useful. The frequency of CM posts has increased and I expect the situation to continue as their program matures and goes through growing pains.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
It may make sense to have a Copa forum, where information can be found quickly and easily. It reduces clutter in the "other" forums.

Copa has made some very interesting moves with the initiation of their ConnectMiles program. Copa could be a good *alliance alternative for those traveling to the Caribbean, Central or South America.

One can expect that Copa going forward will ramp up the promotions to mark their place in the competitive Americas market.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:53 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Now that CM has its own FF program, yes, I believe CM ConnectMiles warrants its own forum.

It will be more active than quite a few of the existing forums.

I think it will also clear up some confusion, as people still post CM questions in the UA forum.
+1
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:49 pm

I would be for this. Copa is planning big things going forward.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:59 pm

100% on board. It only makes sense.

Will be a nice fit between Cathay and Delta.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I think this makes good sense. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.