Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal: Time to Rethink Having a Spain Or Spain/Portugal Forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Time to Rethink Having a Spain Or Spain/Portugal Forum?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:58 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
David-A, thank you for your well thought out analysis.

Cheers.
Agreed-nicely done ^ and phud for thought for all
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by goalie
.. and phud for thought for all
Phud? Is that a slang 'food'?

Or definition 1 here?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Phud
- sorry if you think I am being petty, but there are a lot of sensitive issues here, which 'blanket labeling' can hit.

Last edited by David-A; Jul 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by David-A

Or definition 1 here?
- sorry if you think I am being petty, but there are a lot of sensitive issues here, which 'blanket labeling' can hit.
Based on the goalie I know as well as the wording of his post (and the ^), I'm pretty sure he meant it as slang for food.

I have never heard that word used in any of the Urban Dictionary contexts.

As for your analysis: it's good food for thought.

(Despite having been to Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar, I was unaware--as I would suspect most outsiders are--of the degree of offensiveness surrounding the issue of Gibraltar being assumed to be part of and discussed as part of the Spanish region without separate enumeration.)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by David-A

Or definition 1 here?
Originally Posted by jackal
Based on the goalie I know as well as the wording of his post (and the ^), I'm pretty sure he meant it as slang for food.

I have never heard that word used in any of the Urban Dictionary contexts.

As for your analysis: it's good food for thought.

(Despite having been to Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar, I was unaware--as I would suspect most outsiders are--of the degree of offensiveness surrounding the issue of Gibraltar being assumed to be part of and discussed as part of the Spanish region without separate enumeration.)
Yup it was my reference to "food for thought" and gladly accepting my 2 minute penalty* for poor verbiage but also yes to the ^

*tho someone else has to serve it
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: MUCCI
Sorry for the delay replying to this.

I was reasonably confident that was what you meant, but just wanted to check and also clarify for others.
(I'd not seen "phud" for "food" before - what with them both having the same number of letters, etc! )

To go back on topic, I could see such a 'Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar' section working if it was created.
Any stickys could be organised in agreed format, to group by country, etc.
[Spain: Transport in Spain]
[Spain: Airports in Spain.]
[Spain: Madrid Airport the complete guide.]
[Portugal: Airports in Portual.]
[Portugal: The reference thread...]
[Gibraltar: Everything you need to know.]

- Indeed, as a virtually entire life Gibraltar connected/resident (it has varied) person I'd be happy to help manage the Gibraltar bit.

However having said that I CAN see it working and working well, I'm still not saying it is necessarily needed yet for any, I don't know.
But if anything IS done, make it this combined section, not an individual one, as I think individual would really create problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.