Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 12, 12, 10:44 am   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 21 mls sw of ABZ
Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Posts: 272
Proposal - Separate Israel out of Middle East Forum

please
ballogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 12, 10:50 am   #2
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home
Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballogie View Post
please
Please try this first and provide as much informative replies as possible:

What is the TalkBoard and How are New Forums and Other Suggestions Considered?

Quote:
The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?
lin821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 12, 7:34 am   #3
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Posts: 71,804
Creating an Israel destination subforum within the Middle East destination forum sounds fine by me. Is that what the OP is suggesting? Or is the suggestion to make Israel a sub-forum within the Asia destination forum? Or something else?
__________________
Like TSA, DL SkyMiles management treats airline customers as if they are the enemy or sheep to be fleeced and it shows.
GUWonder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 12, 9:51 am   #4
Moderator, United Airlines, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SFO, CDG, PBI
Programs: Over-Entitled COdbaUA-1kMM, HH Plebe, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Posts: 25,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Creating an Israel destination subforum within the Middle East destination forum sounds fine by me. Is that what the OP is suggesting? Or is the suggestion to make Israel a sub-forum within the Asia destination forum? Or something else?
Bolding mine: That would make sense to me as well but without any other info by the OP, not sure where they are going with this
__________________
Moe, Larry, the cheese
goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 12, 11:20 am   #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ARN
Programs: SK *G, M&M FTL, Sixt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 727
Follow FIFA and lump Israel into Europe. It is the only logical solution
livious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 12, 12:31 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aussie in ORD
Programs: Marriott plat, freshly minted over entitled UA Gold.
Posts: 1,796
I think this whole thread is inappropriate.. The OP posts a thread which could be construed as a troll and leads with a one word post.. no reasoning why, no outline of benefits.. this is PR material.. perhaps beneath that..
__________________
Insert wit here
cyclogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 12, 1:08 pm   #7
TalkBoard President, A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold/1.78MM, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Posts: 40,770
Can't speak for other TB members, but unless the OP (or someone else) comes back w/ answers to the following, don't think his proposal is going to gain much traction & the thread will drop down (unless people bump it up). If/when the following gets answered, then the topic (minus the political commentary) can be discussed.

What is the TalkBoard and How are New Forums and Other Suggestions Considered?


Quote:
The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?

Cheers.
__________________
Sharon
SkiAdcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 12, 1:27 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DTW
Programs: DL/NW: Plat; NW WC (DL SC): Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_horvaths View Post
Follow FIFA and lump Israel into Europe. It is the only logical solution
Or Eurovision, which also lumps Israel into Europe...
__________________
Rule #1 of Mistake Fares: Don't call the airline till the fare is long gone.
bostonbali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 12, 8:20 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Greener Pastures
Posts: 10,252
Geographically speaking, Israel is in the Middle East. Unless the OP is requesting a new forum (which if they are, please see SkiAdcock's post) - discussion should continue to take place in the Middle East forum.
__________________
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of faces if you look at them right.
bhatnasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 12, 6:43 pm   #10
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 41,290
Please consider and discuss the topic sans political and offensive characterizations; this is not OMNI P/R. At least one such post and replies have been deleted. Thank you! /Moderator
__________________
"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilaire Belloc
JDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:14 pm.