Proposal: Arizona Forum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Proposal: Arizona Forum

Hi All,

Can we have a consider to create new Arizona forum included Phoenix & Tucson, AZ. I would love to see new Arizona Forum.

Let's the speculation begin.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I don't know how feasible this would be. I just took a look at the "West" forum and the last two threads that even mention Arizona were both in October.

One thread concerned Phoenix hotel rooms with good views of airplanes taking off and landing. If that is about the most exciting thing to do in Phoenix, I suspect that an Arizona Forum may result in making the Antartica Forum look busy.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:30 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Dovster
I don't know how feasible this would be. I just took a look at the "West" forum and the last two threads that even mention Arizona were both in October.

One thread concerned Phoenix hotel rooms with good views of airplanes taking off and landing. If that is about the most exciting thing to do in Phoenix, I suspect that an Arizona Forum may result in making the Antartica Forum look busy.
I'm inclined to agree with you on this but in addition to seeing what other posts are made, I'm gonna do some poking around as while yes, PHX is a USAir hub and there is the Grand Canyon & Sedona (and it's probably my lack of knowledge of the area), I'm not sure what else.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
I'm inclined to agree with you on this but in addition to seeing what other posts are made, I'm gonna do some poking around as while yes, PHX is a USAir hub and there is the Grand Canyon & Sedona (and it's probably my lack of knowledge of the area), I'm not sure what else.
Right, both US & WN is a hub. I think they will consider it to create new Arizona forum.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Since when is two airlines having hubs constitute having a state-specific forum?

While I did spend a good bit of time reading about AZ in the West forum and would have loved to have it all consolidated as I was looking at things to do out there when I was in the process of moving to the Valley, there just isn't the amount of discussion to constitute its own forum.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I hope this debate doesn't bring a sand storm of controversy
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:18 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I do not see a need for a dedicated Arizona Forum.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
How about a pause to let the ink dry.....

Then limiting new forums to one every two years to coincide with term limits?

Or how about forums "The Federal Lands" [including National Parks] or "The Indian Nations" Do we really have to get stuck on States?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Actually, it's called dust storm and not a sand storm.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't really see a need for an AZ forum either.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I believe in "If you build it, they will come" but this may be the exception to prove the rule.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: Too many
I don't see the need for an Arizona specific forum either...many other States have more posts and they don't have their own forum
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by N830MH
Actually, it's called dust storm and not a sand storm.
Actually, it's called a Haboob and I'm also going to affirm my earlier statement in not seeing a need for an AZ fourm.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Actually, it's called a Haboob and I'm also going to affirm my earlier statement in not seeing a need for an AZ fourm.
Was not your earlier statement an implied affirmation and this is a reaffirmation?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:51 pm

Was not your earlier statement an implied affirmation and this is a reaffirmation?
I hereby affirm my earlier implied affirmation with this affirmation that I don't see a need for an AZ forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.