Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal: United/Continental should be merge the thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

I am already heard the news came in yesterday afternoon. DOJ has been approvals with UA/CO is mergers. Can you guys need to have any suggestions for me to be merges with UA/CO. So it was sad days for me yesterday and can you have proposal for Continental/United will be merge the original thread. I wasn't aware of UA/CO is long awaited to be mergers for after 79 years flying. Lets try to have more opportunity to be merge the original thread. So let's the speculating about this one.

Regards
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Aren't there enough FT precedents in recent years with HP/US and NW/DL that the two forums will remain separate until the FFP's are merged so what's different with UA/CO? While I haven't been following the merger play-by-play AFAIK they aren't quite at the FFP merger stage yet and when that's announced the merger of the FT forums can follow in good time.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Aren't there enough FT precedents in recent years with HP/US and NW/DL that the two forums will remain separate until the FFP's are merged so what's different with UA/CO? While I haven't been following the merger play-by-play AFAIK they aren't quite at the FFP merger stage yet and when that's announced the merger of the FT forums can follow in good time.
Agreed. ^
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:11 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
That's the plan.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
With UA being such a large forum already, personally I would prefer to see UA and CO forums NOT be merged and certainly NOT merged early before all is completed with the merger. I would also prefer that the airlines NOT merge either . But that's just me .
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
With UA being such a large forum already, personally I would prefer to see UA and CO forums NOT be merged and certainly NOT merged early before all is completed with the merger. I would also prefer that the airlines NOT merge either . But that's just me .
Agree with both points.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:44 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
If I had a vote, I'd vote No Merger too.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I think we need to see how the merger goes.

My previous position has been no merger until the frequent flyer programme is merged, and although I was outvoted on this recently it remains my position.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
I think we need to see how the merger goes.

My previous position has been no merger until the frequent flyer programme is merged, and although I was outvoted on this recently it remains my position.
I agree with you, too. I think it will perfect for me to merge the thread and I vote to says yes to merge this thread immediately. Let's the speculating about this one. However, lets wait to see if UA/CO members will decide to approval. This is particular consideration for UA/CO members will have to decide to says YES to merge this thread.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:18 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
agreed on not merging but perhaps a master forum with both fourms listed separately inside so they are "both in the same place"?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by goalie
agreed on not merging but perhaps a master forum with both fourms listed separately inside so they are "both in the same place"?
I can't see why FT could, would or should consider not merging UA & CO when the FFP themselves merger simply because the UA is one of the larger & more active FT fora.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can't see why FT could, would or should consider not merging UA & CO when the FFP themselves merger simply because the UA is one of the larger & more active FT fora.
I think it should considering to merge the thread and do yourselves to voting the Talkboards will have more comfortable on CO/UA forums. I wasn't curious about entire forums will kept separately or merge this thread.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Do you fly either of those carriers?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom911
Do you fly either of those carriers?
No. I am never flown on UA/CO either. Only where I fly on US, DL and no one anyone else.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:27 pm

I do not see a reason to merge before the two FF programs are officially merged. Also UAL is too large to merge with CO before then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.