Search

Swiss lounge in CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, FB Ivory, HHonors Silver
Swiss lounge in CDG

Hi everyone !

Until last year, Swiss flights were departing from terminal 2 hall B, were a Swiss lounge was available.

Now, Swiss flights are located in the "Star Alliance terminal", terminal 1. The departure gates are located in the satellite 6 or 7.

For a Swiss flight, Business, HON, SEN, FTL passengers have acces to the Star Alliance lounge, located in the non-Schengen area, level 11. You have to proceed to the immigration to access and leave the lounge, located far from the gate and you have to proceed to the security control before the satellite. I find that really not easy.

When departing from the Lufthansa satellite (number 6), the Lufthansa lounge, located inside the security aera of the satellite. The lounge has been renovated last year and is very pleasant with a good restauration offer.

On the satellite 7, now inside the security aera, is located a SAS lounge with the mention "Star Alliance Gold". Even if the lounge looks small, his use will be easier.

My question is : is it possible to use the SAS lounge when flying Swiss departing from satellite 7 ? At the check in I always become the invitation for the Star Alliance lounge and nobody informe me about the possibility to use the SAS lounge...

I hope that in the future, all the Swiss flight will be leaving from the LH satellite 6, really more pleasant that the 7...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Yes

I have used the SAS Lounge three weeks ago when departing on the LX flight. Just show your BP and FF card. It's not a very nice lounge though (it's CDG, so I guess you can't expect anything nice )
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, FB Ivory, HHonors Silver
pilatusguy
Nice nickname... about a beautiful mountain !!

I have used the SAS Lounge
Thank you for this information.
As the entry is after the security check, with very long waiting time, i wouldn't take the risk... Probably only possible for HON and SEN and not for C-pax and FTL...
You know, i has 2 weeks ago in the *A lounge. The place is not to bad, but the catering very light !!

it's CDG, so I guess you can't expect anything nice
Yes... But the LH lounge is pleasant, even if it's in the level -1 without any window. After proceding the security check, the Lufthansa satellite is not to bad ! Perhaps after the LH lines cutting from CDG can Swiss fly everytime from there !

Just another question : some LH flights are leaving from the satellite 7. It's EW or CL canadair during the morning rush at 9AM (and perhaps on the evening). HON/SEN have access to the SAS lounge, but FTL and C-pax ? Can they use the *A or the SAS lounge ?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
Star Alliance lounge

Despite the hard to reach location I very much like the Star lounge.

It has been almost empty, quiet and very civilized every time I have been there.
Very nice atmosphere, tasty snacks, some drinks.

VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE: the small (but lovely) open air japanese garden!

Essential for smokers or for anyone who wants to breathe some fresh air for a while and not the conditioned air of the airport.^

Sometimes the lines at the passport control are not so long...
Old Feb 7, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
My flight to ZRH left from satellite 6 and I got an invitation for the Star alliance lounge also with explanation I had to pass immigration and so on. I went directly to satellite 6 and entered the Lufthansa lounge instead. The lounge dragon remarked I was flying Swiss and wished me a nice flight. So no problem.
It is a nice lounge and relaxing since it's after security check so you can stay in the lounge until the last boarding call.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm in the SAS lounge now, using the free WiFi ^ and soon to board my LX flight which is right next door.

They have space, decent food and two large screen Mac's. Not bad.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Lounge in CDG

Flying CDG-ZRH
Do you still have to go thru immigration twice to get to the Star alliance lounge?
Any better options?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Houminer
Flying CDG-ZRH
Do you still have to go thru immigration twice to get to the Star alliance lounge?
Any better options?
Yes, you would have to go through immigration twice to use the Star Alliance lounge. But you wouldn't do that anyway. You would simply use the Lufthansa Lounge if the flight leaves from gates 60-68 or the SAS lounge if the flight leaves from gates 70-78
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Plat, Hhonors Diamond
Swiss/Star Alliance arrivals lounge @ CDG?

Hello friends,

Title says it all really. Am arriving to CDG on Swiss tomorrow and wondering if there is any arrivals LX/*A lounge, couldnt find anything in my search

Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
No there is not.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
There is a hotel close to the airport, walking distance where they rent rooms at day rates. Good to take a shower there, I think its the IBIS.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's also the Sheraton which is located inside CDG T2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.