Newbie Question Business Class Lounge Dubai

Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Business Class Lounge Dubai

Flying DXB-ZRH in J class and was wondering what lounge is for LX passengers. I saw the LH lounge is only for LX F guests. Is it the Star Alliance lounge? I tried looking but didn't get any conclusive answers.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
I am glad you asked the same question. I will be traveling from DXB-ZRH as well this Sunday in J and was wondering the same thing. On the Swiss website it says that they use the DCAA lounge. However I googled it and did not find anything conclusive about the lounge. For LH the business class passengers use the Merhaba lounge which is also used by SQ and TG so it seems to be a *A lounge in a way.

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:46 am

On a second note I have a question regarding Dubai.

Can I print out my boarding pass and go straight to the lounge as I will be traveling without check-in luggage? Does anybody know what time the LX counters open? I guess they will open once at around 7PM for the flight to MCT at 9.30PM but will they close again before the 1.35AM departure on LX?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:01 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
For LX pax, the following applies;

Dubai

Lufthansa Senator Lounge (*A Gold Lounge)

HON Circle
First Class
Miles & More Senator/Star Alliance Gold

DCAA Lounge
Miles & More Frequent Traveller
Business Class

The DCCA lounge is much better than the Marhaba Lounge that LH sends its J pax to. What a dump.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

What is the DCAA lounge even stand for and where is it located??
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Poster

I believe this is it! https://www.executivelounges.com/en/lounges/Dubai
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by NoY
The DCCA lounge is much better than the Marhaba Lounge that LH sends its J pax to. What a dump.
True. But don't hang your hopes too high, even the DCAA lounge is sort of dumpish. Has that very distinct thrid world feeling to it (somber, large worn-out leather sofas, colours are in the beige-glitzy range, not great on windows). But a nice buffet with a large choice, at least in the First Class version of that lounge.

The advantage of the DCAA lounge over the Merhaba and Lufthansa lounges is that it is much closer to where the LX flight usually leaves from. The LH lounge is by gate 126, the DCAA lounge is around 116 or 112 if I remember correctly. LX leaves form the uneven gates across the hall, typically in the 109-115 range.

There is no Star Allaince lounge. The Lufthansa lounge is the Star Alliance lounge, but it's small so they limited that to F Class, SEN, HON, Star Gold.

You can print your boarding pass for departures from Dubai, no need to pass by the check-in counter.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:45 pm

Thanks San Gottardo!!

I am traveling with a friend who is flying with TG to BKK and I will be leaving later on LX to ZRH. TG are using the Merhaba Lounge like Lufthansa. Is it possible to use that lounge as well with a LX boarding pass in J?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:50 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
True. But don't hang your hopes too high, even the DCAA lounge is sort of dumpish. Has that very distinct thrid world feeling to it (somber, large worn-out leather sofas, colours are in the beige-glitzy range, not great on windows). But a nice buffet with a large choice, at least in the First Class version of that lounge.

The advantage of the DCAA lounge over the Merhaba and Lufthansa lounges is that it is much closer to where the LX flight usually leaves from. The LH lounge is by gate 126, the DCAA lounge is around 116 or 112 if I remember correctly. LX leaves form the uneven gates across the hall, typically in the 109-115 range.

There is no Star Allaince lounge. The Lufthansa lounge is the Star Alliance lounge, but it's small so they limited that to F Class, SEN, HON, Star Gold.

You can print your boarding pass for departures from Dubai, no need to pass by the check-in counter.
Ok, but we are talking about the Business lounge not the First lounge in this case. So, the food & beverage offering in the Business lounge is actually pretty good. Much, much better than the LH lounge. The Lufty lounge decor (being brand new) is much nicer though. Anyway the DCAA lounge offers a wide selction of hot & cold savoury food plus salads, puddings, cheese etc etc. Yes, the decor is "3rd World" but so is T1 @ DXB!

No, the Marhaba lounge is not accessible for LAX888 unless you have Priority Pass or pay cash (not sure of cost but TOTALLY not worth it)
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LAX888
Does anybody know what time the LX counters open? I guess they will open once at around 7PM for the flight to MCT at 9.30PM but will they close again before the 1.35AM departure on LX?
Bumping this question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.