Wiki Posts
Search

[OLCI] Did you know..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Thumbs up [OLCI] Did you know..

..that when you want to check in for an LX flight Germany->Switzerland you have to use the Lufthansa on-line check-in? Of course you did.

But on top of that, I've made an interesting observation. On their website, SWISS state that OLCI will be open starting 23 hours prior to departure (as opposed to 24h when using LX OLCI). However, LH seem to open the on-line check-in for LX flights even earlier. Today, I was able to check-in for tomorrow's LX1027 (departure 7:50pm) around 3pm which enabled me to select from an empty (C) cabin. Nevertheless, the process yielded sequence no 10. I'm not really sure about the earliest point in time when LH check-in for LX will be opened.

But when you want to be absolutely sure to have plenty of options when choosing your seat, simply log into LH on-line check-in using your LX reference number and your name well before check-in officially opens. However, please note that this only applies to LX operated flights from Germany to Switzerland, I'm not sure whether this will also work for flights between other locations.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by bruce80
Nevertheless, the process yielded sequence no 10. I'm not really sure about the earliest point in time when LH check-in for LX will be opened.
Others may have checked in for this flight in conjunction with previous flight.

Originally Posted by bruce80
However, please note that this only applies to LX operated flights from Germany to Switzerland, I'm not sure whether this will also work for flights between other locations.
No, most LX flights are handled in their native DCS axsControl, only very few are loaded into LHs Unisys DCS.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:57 am

A big disadvantage to using LH's online checkin is that I am never able to select seats on the connecting LX flight (i.e. DE>ZRH>somewhere else). Anybody found a solution?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Tokyo for example is handled by LH's OLCI. I usually don't do OLCI, but last Friday in NRT I did, and not only I could not select seats for my connecting flight after the NRT-ZRH... I couldn't even get the boarding pass for it.

Anyhow I usually don't care... I am not a big fan of OLCI, I prefer proper boarding passes.

Last edited by flozano; Aug 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm Reason: bad day
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by 8420PR
A big disadvantage to using LH's online checkin is that I am never able to select seats on the connecting LX flight (i.e. DE>ZRH>somewhere else). Anybody found a solution?
The only solution is to call Swiss.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:39 pm

When I fly from DUS - ZRH - xxx, I use the link in the webcheckin reminder which leads to the LH site and then go to the LX checkin page for the ZRH - xxx flight.

https://selfservice.sita.aero/intern...sz!-1758486933
Old Aug 12, 2012, 2:14 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flozano
I am not a big fan of OLCI, I prefer proper boarding passes.
That said, I know many people who use OLCI for seat reservation and then go the check-in desks at the airport to get a "proper" boarding pass.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Especially in Scandinavia on a LH flight. Because you are FORCED to
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
For the return flight (LX1018, tomorrow, ZRH-DUS), I have now tried the following (about 26 hours out):

• LH online check in: Doesn't work (expected).
  • LX desktop web check in: Doesn't work, when entering the booking ref and my name, they forward me to the "manage booking" page saying check-in is only available 24 hrs prior to departure.
  • LX mobile web check in (invoked from LX android app): Does work. When logged into my profile, the check in page wants to know the date of the flight, the flight number and the departure airport and then displays seat selection etc., allowing me to complete the check in process.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
For connecting flights from Germany through Switzerland, you need to check in on the LH website. As you said, you cannot select your seat on the connecting LX flight from Switzerland.

You can do this afterwards through the LX check in (select Web check in, then Advanced login). Here, you only fill in the details of the connecting flight from ZRH or GVA.

It is complicated, but at least you don't end up in a middle seat
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
Especially in Scandinavia on a LH flight. Because you are FORCED to
Scandanavia on a LH flight you can checkin and get a boarding pass with SAS but not LH. Apparently this is restricted information as I only received this after a couple of years of flying out of CPH on LH metal.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
That's how it should work in theory. In practice, when flying ARN-MUC-BEG, SAS mobile check-in was unable to issue me a mobile boarding pass for the first segment (had to queue for 40 minutes at an SAS desk at ARN) and unable to check me in whatsoever for the second segment (had to run to a transfer desk in MUC to get the worst seat in the plane, since I was unable to reserve one when check-in opened). A horribly inefficient experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.