Search

New airshow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
New airshow

Hi All,

looks like SWISS is running a new airshow - at least on shorthaul (haven't been on longhaul with them for a while).
Featuring some sort of satellite picture (google-maps style) when close to departure, and destination airport (quite cool, you can see the aircraft pointer move on the runway - yes I know, I am by far too excited about this ) and some more realistic tracking of the route with a 3D display of the aircraft flying its route.

Quite a nice new toy - seen this on longhaul, too?

Cheers,
G
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Originally Posted by GuckyGucky
Hi All,

looks like SWISS is running a new airshow - at least on shorthaul (haven't been on longhaul with them for a while).
Featuring some sort of satellite picture (google-maps style) when close to departure, and destination airport (quite cool, you can see the aircraft pointer move on the runway - yes I know, I am by far too excited about this ) and some more realistic tracking of the route with a 3D display of the aircraft flying its route.

Quite a nice new toy - seen this on longhaul, too?

Cheers,
G
Had the same on my flight DME-ZRH two weeks ago. Pretty fancy to see the approach to the landing strip on satellite map!

Last edited by troje; Nov 2, 2010 at 9:22 am
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,
It is on longhaul too. On shorthaul I think it's not on all planes yet but it's been out for at least a month or so now.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by troje
Had the same in my flight DME-ZRH two weeks ago. Pretty fancy to see the approach to the landing strip on satellite map!
Saw the new airshow on JFK-GVA in September, and possibly as early as August (not quite sure, though). Quite handy for keeping one's bearings while taxiing for hours at JFK! ^

It also features info boxes with some basic information on history/geography when passing by selected points of interest, such as Nantucket - though I did not notice this on several recent shorthauls. In any case, I wish they would just keep the airshow running throughout the flight on shorthaul...
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: M&M-FQT / HHonors SLV / LHW LeadersClub
Had it on several A320s already, though most of the time it featured some strange information....

Once it stated more than 1000 km from AMS to ZRH, maps are often shown during the night even though it was in the middle of the day or it shows strange flight times like more than 3h from ZRH to TXL.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Have seen this last year already.. I like it better than the old one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.