Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

How about a forum for airline employee flyers?

Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA EMP (the ultimate program)

I think it would be a good idea to have a forum dedicated to the topic of airline employee flyers. It would be cool to have a place to discuss the intricacies of airline employee travel such as ZED fares, ID90, experiences on interline deals, etc.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by num1bearsfan
I think it would be a good idea to have a forum dedicated to the topic of airline employee flyers. It would be cool to have a place to discuss the intricacies of airline employee travel such as ZED fares, ID90, experiences on interline deals, etc.
yeah^
Old Aug 7, 2008, 4:29 am

Programs: PC
I agree. It's a good ideia.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Wirelessly posted (The Roaming Phone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Airline employee flyers themselves would probably be opposed to it unless it were a private forum. In my experience, they are very hesitant to discuss those matters in a public forum.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan ,Starwood,Priority Club,Amex Platinum,Airmiles,CIBC Gold
[QUOTE=jackal;1

Airline employee flyers themselves would probably be opposed to it unless it were a private forum. In my experience, they are very hesitant to discuss those matters in a public forum.[/QUOTE]

Your right, a private forum would be nice but a public forum on this website would open them up to a lot of criticism from those who believe they get everything free, which they don't. There are service charges and taxes and fuel surcharges etc. and (try standing by for 5 days in HNL and paying for 5 extra hotel nights.) I did and could have bought a full fare ticket had I known it was going to be a nightmare.

Anyhow they have other websites to go to that they can discuss airline travel.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 10:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Creation of new forums pretty much falls within the purview of TalkBoard. They're still trying to come to agreement on some criteria for opening/closing forums after recent threads suggesting that the recently opened Senior Travel forum and Traveling with Pets forums be closed due to underutilization.

If you can identify a bunch of existing threads on employee travel scattered across FT I'd suggest you start a new thread in the TalkBoard forum and see where it goes. Link those threads so the TalkBoard can see the interest and make your case.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by tom911
If you can identify a bunch of existing threads on employee travel scattered across FT I'd suggest you start a new thread in the TalkBoard forum and see where it goes.
FYI. OP did start a TB thread on this topic, on the very same day this thread was up & using the same thread title.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.