Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Posting images in threads and possible use of Avatars

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Question Posting images in threads and possible use of Avatars

Evening Technical people,

I don't usually pop over here but thought I'd say Hi for a few reasons. One is to thank you lot for all your hard work over the last few weeks with regard to updating to the new software. I'm on dialup at home and while initially it was a little sluggish it is ^ now on a DSL connection at University and it is a pleasure to use! So thank you

I remember in the first couple of days we were able to post images in OMNI. Now the feature has been dropped, I presume for reasons that it could easily be misused. As it would be very useful for trip reports and things such as the Photo Gallery would it be reconsidered or has it been dropped for definite? On a similar note, avatars below peoples handles would be rather sexy and allow us to add our own creativity to the whole FT experience.

Thanks
Fraser
Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
On a similar note, avatars below peoples handles would be rather sexy and allow us to add our own creativity to the whole FT experience.
I'm certainly in favor of avatars as are so widely used on other similar BB's. Perhaps this will be an enhancement we can look forward to in the months to come.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:32 pm
dan at WebFlyer

More than likely, images will not be enabled due to obvious misuse potential. Avatars, on the other hand, are something that we haven't decided what we want to do with yet.

Here's an existing thread on Avatars...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310421

Old Apr 26, 2004, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Cheers guys

Keep up the good work ^ ^ ^
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
The problem with avatars is that they can take up more vertical screen real estate. As such, even if a person posts a one line response to a thread, the avatar will make the post box much bigger than it needs to be...
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:29 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Morrissey
The problem with avatars is that they can take up more vertical screen real estate. As such, even if a person posts a one line response to a thread, the avatar will make the post box much bigger than it needs to be...
That shouldn't be a problem, as you can choose to not display them at all, in your preferences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.