Search

Allow one thread to appear in multiple forums

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Allow one thread to appear in multiple forums

I was looking through the CO and UA forums and noticed that the merger topic is being discussed in both. I was wondering if it would be possible to make the same thread appear in multiple forums so prevent double posting and lessen the burden on FT and hence unneccassary posts.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Previously suggested and replied by Randy on 1/20/09:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugge...rk-though.html

Unless there's a new breakthrough on the tech front (of IB), the idea remains an impossible mission on FT.
Old May 12, 2010, 6:46 am

Hi,
That would not be possible as you would have to manually post yourself. I would recommend to stay with one forum instead of starting same threads on multiple forums.
Old May 12, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Too bad the programming problem may prevent this. It really would be very convenient for merger discussions, status match, interlining and a few other topics. I wonder how much the programming might cost. The moderators must do lots of work now, and often are forced into arbitrary choices when not duplicating a similar, if not identical, thread would solve many issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.