Starwood in Manila, Philipines?

Subscribe
Is there a way to redeem starwood points for hotel stays in Manila?
There is no Starwood hotel in the Phillipines. There is a Hyatt in Manila for a relatively modest amount of points. Perhaps you could find a friend who could make a booking for you in exchange for a Starwood booking.
There of course used to be.One of my most memorable hotel stays.A fellow murdered on the front steps as we checked in.Needless to say I have never been back to the Phillipines.
Quote: There of course used to be.One of my most memorable hotel stays.A fellow murdered on the front steps as we checked in.Needless to say I have never been back to the Phillipines.
OM Goodness. Serious?
The hotel is now the Sofitel Philippines Plaza in the CCP complex.
Quote: OM Goodness. Serious?
Yes.It was just after the fall of Marcos.
Check out the Intercontinental Manila which has a US$75 TravelZoo rate through Dec 31 for bookings made by Friday...
http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/652194
I would be platinum by now if *wood has a hotel in Manila
Please, Starwood, open a MNL hotel!
Quote: There is no Starwood hotel in the Phillipines. There is a Hyatt in Manila for a relatively modest amount of points. Perhaps you could find a friend who could make a booking for you in exchange for a Starwood booking.
Quote: Check out the Intercontinental Manila which has a US$75 TravelZoo rate through Dec 31 for bookings made by Friday...
http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/652194
Have stayed at the Hyatt, which is nice but a bit pricey. Would be interested to get it for a rate as for the IC mentioned.
There used to be a Westin is Pasay City...
...but it closed a few years back...always remember it cuz u could hit golf balls of the roof into the bay.
Quote: There is no Starwood hotel in the Phillipines. There is a Hyatt in Manila for a relatively modest amount of points. Perhaps you could find a friend who could make a booking for you in exchange for a Starwood booking.
That's good advice.

There was a murder in front of the Hyatt a couple of years ago.
Quote: Have stayed at the Hyatt, which is nice but a bit pricey. Would be interested to get it for a rate as for the IC mentioned.
If you have any Hyatt points, look at this. It is just 5K points/night or 7K points/night for a club room.
Quote: If you have any Hyatt points, look at this. It is just 5K points/night or 7K points/night for a club room.
Completely burned out on HY points. But, might consider a trade. Given the difference between the 2 programs, what would be an equitable exchange ratio, in your opinion?
Hard to say. They MNL Hyatt is a nice property, with a great club level. It's cheap if you pay cash or with points. The added points for the club level is worth it. (Well, IMO anyway).

-David