Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG properties in Washington DC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

SPG properties in Washington DC

Hey folks, we are planning to visit DC in a few months with the family and young kids. Any recommendations on good SPG properties which are near attractions. Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ziggyziggy
Hey folks, we are planning to visit DC in a few months with the family and young kids. Any recommendations on good SPG properties which are near attractions. Thanks.
There's a dedicated thread for that:
Washington D.C. General Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)

But in short the best located properties are the W (opposite the White House) and the St Regis, although not sure either would be suitable for young kids...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Sheraton Suites, Alexandra Va. Micorwave and refrigerator in the room, large supermarket across the street. Shuttle to the Metro (at DCA), nice waterfront park within walking distance as is Old Town.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Regardless of where you stay, you'll probably be using the Metro. It's not wise for tourists to try to drive in DC and parking is very expensive. However, I'm not sure I'd like the shuttle to the closest Metro station. You might also look for locations that don't require a transfer between DCA and the hotel, assuming that you'll use public transportation to/from the airport.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Le Meridien in Arlington/Rosslyn is 2 blocks from the Metro and self-parking isn't outrageous. It's a few stops up from DCA if you're flying in.

Rates are all over the place, week by week, but AAA rates are often not too bad, and 10K/Cat 4 can be a good deal.

Westin Crystal City may meet the same criteria - I remember staying there before it was renovated/re-badged as a Westin
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I'll also add the Westin in Thomas Circle to the list. I live in the neighborhood. It's two blocks from the McPherson Square Metro (Blue, Orange, Silver lines - same train service to DCA and the IAD shuttle buses), one block or less to many bus lines, an easy walk from the White House and not a bad walk from the museums on the north side of the National Mall. It also has the advantage of being close to a large number of great dining choices on 14th St.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ssullivan
I'll also add the Westin in Thomas Circle to the list. I live in the neighborhood. It's two blocks from the McPherson Square Metro (Blue, Orange, Silver lines - same train service to DCA and the IAD shuttle buses), one block or less to many bus lines, an easy walk from the White House and not a bad walk from the museums on the north side of the National Mall. It also has the advantage of being close to a large number of great dining choices on 14th St.
This is place has terrible service. I would avoid!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai
Sheraton Suites, Alexandra Va. Micorwave and refrigerator in the room, large supermarket across the street. Shuttle to the Metro (at DCA), nice waterfront park within walking distance as is Old Town.
I quite enjoyed several nights here last year. Nice pool, club lounge. Great area. Had a car though. No problems driving.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.