Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:35 am

I am so glad to find this thread and others who are as frustrated. This is unbelievable that Starwood does not allow online retrieval of receipts. Frankly, I don't care if they are one or 1000 entities - Not my problem. I have been playing phone tag all morning with the Hotel's accounting department trying to get a receipt which should have been emailed at checkout. It just makes no sense, since I am sure their staff spend a fair bit of time dealing with such guests and manually emailing receipts.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
I recently switched over to SPG and am amazed that this is actually an issue in 2014. Its mind blowing that they can't provide digital copy of a receipt online via your SPG account.

I tweeted to SPG and they said they could send me a copy if I provide them my information. I guess this would be the next easiest way to request a receipt.

I hope someday they will be able to provide receipts on SPG.com.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Its hard to believe in 2014 that this service is not offered by Starwood.

I am still peeved that every single time I stay at a property I need to email them to remove all down/feather products from my room. From the first time I stayed at a Ritz Carlton that notation is never forgotten. How hard is it to embed these things into your profile and more importantly how hard is it for the property to actually read these notations?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by EmptyKim
I recently switched over to SPG and am amazed that this is actually an issue in 2014. Its mind blowing that they can't provide digital copy of a receipt online via your SPG account.

I tweeted to SPG and they said they could send me a copy if I provide them my information. I guess this would be the next easiest way to request a receipt.

I hope someday they will be able to provide receipts on SPG.com.
This isn't an option so when you check into a property ask them to email a receipt upon check out.

This is not efficient as Hilton, but that is what you have from SPG/Starwood.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
This isn't an option so when you check into a property ask them to email a receipt upon check out.
I'll have to remember to do this next time I check in.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EmptyKim
I'll have to remember to do this next time I check in.
Even if you tell them, they sometimes forget to email the folio... so you might have to follow up once or twice.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:43 am

Amazing that all hotels don't offer instant replacement receipts online, via mobile and email. In this day and age - if you're not digital - you're not serving the customer.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:11 pm

Even though this post is sadly 7 years old... it is incredibly relevant today. How in the world is it possible that this is still not happening? Does anyone know if this is in the works?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I just completed a three night stay at the Westin O'Hare and I did not receive a receipt under the door or via email. I had to ask the FD clerk, which was slightly annoying. I should not have to ask for a receipt/invoice after a hotel stay.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:33 pm

It is beyond me how a hotel company, who relies on corporate/business travelers (folks who require receipts) for a large chunk of revenue, still does not offer the ability for guests to retrieve a folio/bill online. As previously mentioned, it shouldn't matter how many different "entities" or different owners there are.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: DL GM, RIP SPG
Chiming in just to bump this thread. Marriott's points program may be completely worthless, but their website functionality with regard to retrieving folios absolutely smokes SPG.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:47 pm

Ugh. This is probably the most annoying thing about staying at a SPG property while traveling for work.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:22 am

Yes this is annoying as well for business travelers. For Hilton and Marriotts I simply forward the auto generated receipt to our expense system and it's available. With Starwood I have to ask for it at check out or if I forget/in a rush I have to file a request for it later here - https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...act/index.html
How hard is it to auto generate a receipt?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by danielchee
Yes this is annoying as well for business travelers. For Hilton and Marriotts I simply forward the auto generated receipt to our expense system and it's available. With Starwood I have to ask for it at check out or if I forget/in a rush I have to file a request for it later here - https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...act/index.html
How hard is it to auto generate a receipt?
I know this doesn't solve the larger issue, but I and many others ask to have the receipt emailed upon check out. Request this at check in.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
it was pathetic that in 2008, when this thread was started, the spg website couldn't provide this most basic of functionality and here we are 7 years later and still nothing. So much fail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.