Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, PDX, OR [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, PDX, OR [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 8:05 pm

undergoing reno-badly needed-very convenient for early/late flights
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:12 am

Stayed Here in Mid-April

Excellent Plat recognition, I was upgraded to a two-room suite. Also, staff are super friendly and helpful. That said, my renovated suite was truly one of the ugliest rooms I have ever stayed in, color-wise and decor-wise. I thought I had walked into a room at a Days Inn. However, for a one-night stay, you should survive (but I would not recommend staying longer than one night). Again, the friendliness of the staff makes up for the physical shortcomings.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
I stayed here in mid-June, was upgraded to Club Floor (as Plat). I had a recently renovated room (not a suite) that was very nice. Club was nice and had decent spread for breakfast (got there too late for the evening food), but I wouldn't pay extra for that option.

Generally, this is a good option for an AIRPORT-hotel as it is just off the terminal road, but if you are in Portland, I'd actually recommend the Westin (probably a bit more $) or even the Four Points (usually about same $) where you should be upgraded to a river-view room.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
My experience with the PDX Sheraton is excellent platinum recognition and a club serving morning and evening food.
The rooms are rather dated, as is the building in general (I have not been since they started the discussed renovation).
The staff are friendly and helpful.
If you are a "planespotter" it does have some great views of a main runway adjacent to the Columbia

The Westin, on the other hand, is in an ideal location for anyone wishing to walk around Downtown PDX-one of the most pedestrian friendly cities in America.
In the 4-5 stays as a Platinum, I have received recognition once in the form of a corner room. The staff are generally quite brusque
Old Jan 28, 2007, 2:42 pm

We stayed here in late October. As others have said, excellent Platinum recognition. Very friendly and helpful check-in and lounge staff.

Also, I had a problem accessing the wireless Internet and the front desk staff sent a tech support person to my room (it was a Sunday and the hotel's Internet service provider tech support was not answering their phone). I had to send some files for work and couldn't wait until Monday, so I really appreciated the prompt service.

Since the lounge was closed on Sunday, we were given vouchers for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Breakfast was good and there weren't many people in the restaurant early on a Sunday morning, so our server had time to chat with us and answer our questions about the local area.

While the hotel is away from downtown, there is a light-rail train that runs from the airport into the downtown area, so you can go into the city without needing a car. We didn't try the train, so can't comment on how long it would take. However, by car, it was a quick drive (@ 20 minutes) to get downtown.

Last edited by Socaflyer; Jan 28, 2007 at 2:48 pm
Old Dec 26, 2007, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
spg.com says this hotel is closed to renovation through 1/31/08.

Question - after such renovations, do hotels typically change (ie, move up) in category? Right now it's a Cat 2 which means 3000 *points on a Fri night before an early Sat AM flight, and we've found that very convenient.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by psychtobe
spg.com says this hotel is closed to renovation through 1/31/08.

Question - after such renovations, do hotels typically change (ie, move up) in category? Right now it's a Cat 2 which means 3000 *points on a Fri night before an early Sat AM flight, and we've found that very convenient.
It seems very odd that this property is closed for renovation because they underwent significant renovation throughout much of last year. Even stranger is the fact that one can still book rooms on dates for which they are purportedly closed. I have a strong suspicion that the hotel closure announced under "special conditions" is incorrect and that the actual closure is restricted just to the pool and hot tub.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:10 am

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
I would tend to agree on the renos-the hot tub is already gone and replaced with a proper gym. I also have a reservation accepted for mid January so I certainly hope it isn't closed! Hopefully they are doign room renovations, that is the only area in which this property is lacking.
Old May 19, 2008, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG Platimun
Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel

Everything is OK except the "free wifi". The signal of wifi in my room is extremely poor. I have to use my own brand wirelss (and cannot make phone call at the same time)
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
anyone stayed here recently? i have three stays booked here in the next week and a half. im spg gold. what kind of service should i be expecting? do you think i will be able to get a club level room? what about a suite? i really dont care about a suite as they will only be one night stays, but a club level room to get breakfast in the morning would be really nice. what time do these clubs open? thanks
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:22 am

I stayed there last summer as a Gold and received a standard room not on the club level. They were moderately busy though and I didn't have an advanced reservation, so YMMV.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
i just stayed here last night, and all i have to say is WOW. as i gold i didnt really expect a great room, and it wasnt really necessary either as i was only there for like 7 hours. i did get the little card that said i had been upgraded-not really sure what the upgrade was, but thats irrelevant. the staff were the most amazing that i have seen at a hotel, and for 89 dollars a night, it doesnt get any better than that. the shuttle driver was really nice, and extremely well informed, telling me about the hotel, about when it was renovated, about the free internet, and a little about the history. when i got to the hotel, the front desk agent greeted me with, "hello, mr. *******". AND I AM A MEASLEY GOLD. i called in for room service, and they answered, hi, mr. ********, how may i help you, and i asked for room service, and it was sent up within 15 minutes. the food was very good (got a club sandwich). then, i called down for a wake up call, and once again, hi mr ***** how may i help you. i really liked that and thought it was very personal. an incredible hotel, and i am staying there two more times in the next week and a half and really looking forward to it.

they call themselves the award winning sheraton portland, not sure what award they won, or if its just what they call themselves, but they definitely deserve(d) to win an award.

should i email the gm, or would they not really be interested/too busy to read emails?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:23 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Sheraton Portland Oregon - Airport Hotel

Will be at Sheraton Portland Oregon Airport Hotel this weekend.

Any Platinum upgrade success here?

I'll be there Sunday night and Monday morning - will Club Lounge be open?

Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:27 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
...will Club Lounge be open?...
Internal data suggests that it will be.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Upgrade to what? A room with more highway noise? The runway in front of the hotel is closed, so it is likely a quieter place. This is an airport hotel - a lot of rooms that look the same (it did have a big renovation), but it is certainly not The Nines (now, there's a hotel)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.