Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Conv. Center, SC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Conv. Center, SC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Had a stay here last week. My significant other and I went down with my parents for a car centered event being hosted at the convention center that is part of the Sheraton. Sometime at the last minute, someone grabbed the big suite, but we were upgraded to a king suite. They had one available at noon. Room was plenty big, and had a half bath in the living room with the pull out couched. Worked very well for what we needed. They did not bat an eye when I asked for 3 parking passes, and waived the parking fee on all of them. We had lounge access through credit card. I should have taken the breakfast benefit in stead of the points, but we took turns cycling through the lounge on different mornings/evenings as needed. Overall a great stay for 7,000 points per night, and to still check out with a $0 balance!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Had a recent stay here. What a dump.

It's a tired hotel in need of renovations.

Parking: It's an $8 self-parking fee in the adjacent parking garage. Did not see any good on-street options nearby.

Rooms: Pre-blocked into an upgraded suite (corner, king suite with balcony). Room was okay. Carpet, furnishings, bathroom, fixtures all in need of refresh. Mini-fridge and microwave in room, but the fridge's compressor sounded like a small engine when it kicked in. (Not within the hotel's control, but had to call down to front desk at 1am when guests on another floor's balcony woke us up from all their yelling. They sent security, and things finally quieted down.)

Lounge: Wow - one of the worst I've seen in a while. Extremely dark in the lounge in the evenings due to poor lighting. Evening appetizers were pretty bleak. Some veggies, a nasty fried appetizer, chips and salsa, a plate of fruit, and dry cookies. Fridge was rarely stocked with beverages due to other guests coming in droves to carry out armloads of goodies. Breakfast was crowded and pretty gross.

Concierge: Pretty worthless. Seemed more focused on trying to upsell Vacation Club.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
Had a recent stay here. What a dump.

It's a tired hotel in need of renovations.

Parking: It's an $8 self-parking fee in the adjacent parking garage. Did not see any good on-street options nearby.

Rooms: Pre-blocked into an upgraded suite (corner, king suite with balcony). Room was okay. Carpet, furnishings, bathroom, fixtures all in need of refresh. Mini-fridge and microwave in room, but the fridge's compressor sounded like a small engine when it kicked in. (Not within the hotel's control, but had to call down to front desk at 1am when guests on another floor's balcony woke us up from all their yelling. They sent security, and things finally quieted down.)

Lounge: Wow - one of the worst I've seen in a while. Extremely dark in the lounge in the evenings due to poor lighting. Evening appetizers were pretty bleak. Some veggies, a nasty fried appetizer, chips and salsa, a plate of fruit, and dry cookies. Fridge was rarely stocked with beverages due to other guests coming in droves to carry out armloads of goodies. Breakfast was crowded and pretty gross.

Concierge: Pretty worthless. Seemed more focused on trying to upsell Vacation Club.
The Marriott Grande Dunes is by far one of my favorite hotels to visit for a weekend in the summer. I would never pay the price though and always use points
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:41 am
PRS

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold
Stayed five nights on points in July 2021 as Marriott Platinum. Assigned a room on Club floor (11th) but club lounge was closed "due to COVID". Given coupon for free breakfast in restaurant on 2nd floor for our party of four. Breakfast was fairly good with either pancakes/waffles, bacon/sausage, eggs, hash browns, fruit, juice, cereal, biscuits/gravy, etc. and not too busy. Only charge for stay was $8/day parking in attached garage. Room had a fridge and there was a microwave on each floor next to ice machine. Hotel is attached to Myrtle Beach Convention Center and also short walk to Myrtle Beach Sports Complex which is on far side of the convention center parking lot (away from beach). We walked three blocks to beach one day with a cart of beach stuff with no problems. Hotel busy with sports center/convention center groups and Spirit Airlines staff. Offering 20,000 Bonvoy points for some sort of timeshare session - did not bother at that amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.