Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cambridge, MA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Cambridge, MA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Absolutely (though if you have heavy bags, I don't recall seeing escalators at Central). We always do Silver to Red. Only one transfer that way.
Cool, a large suitcase in stairs is not an issue to me. How long would you say it takes from Logan to Central station? 30 minutes if all goes well?

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Feb 13, 2011 at 4:30 pm
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Cool, a large suitcase in stairs in not an issue to me. How long would you say it takes from Logan to Central station? 30 minutes if all goes well?
That might be a bit optimistic, since you have to connect with a shuttlebus to the Blue line from the terminal, then connect with the Red line. 45 minutes to an hour seems more likely, though 30 minutes is possible if you hit each on the button, no waiting.

One thing about this hotel's suites: the heating is very noisy. I often just turn it off when I'm trying to sleep.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
How convenient is it to the Hynes across the river, by transit of course or walking?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:28 pm

How convenient is it to the Hynes across the river, by transit of course or walking?
It's not especially convenient. You'd have to figure out the bus routes, since the subway doesn't have a "mid-point" crossing of the river from Cambridge to the Hynes. Walking might be an option in the summer, 45 minutes or so, maybe an hour's walk....but right now, no way can you walk, given the snow and ice in Boston.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:26 pm

Just stayed at Meridien Cambridge this week, and had an unpleasant discovery: I was told they had discontinued the use of down pillows and had converted 100% to those horrible rubber pillows.

Now, I understand those with allergies, but for at least some of us, those rubber pillows are horribly uncomfortable, and leave me with an aching neck. Most hotels offer a choice, and I'm surprised the Meridien has decided not to offer that.

That said, the front desk staff somehow found 2 down pillows for me, which was very much appreciated. I'm hopeful they'll keep a few in reserve for customers like me.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:27 pm

I just completed a weekend stay here. I have no status, but have the SPG card and was upgraded from a standard to a superior room. I was not expecting the the upgrade, especially since I won a Best Rate Guarantee Claim which I know costs the hotel money.

My friend is an SPG member, but no status or credit card, so he was stuck in the Standard room. The Superior room was nice, and modern. The standard room was modern, but very dark. The lights seemed to be at most 2/3 as bright as the ones in my room.

Overall, I liked the rooms, the decor, and the staff, but probably would not stay here again, primarily because both my room and my friend's room were connected to the adjacent room with a closed door. There seemed to be no sound insulation whatsoever between connected rooms. The second night there was a couple that moved into the room next to me, and I could hear just about everything that was said.

I would highly recommend this hotel to someone that needed adjoining rooms, and would recommend that anyone else have earplugs standing by.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by signothetimes53
Just stayed at Meridien Cambridge this week, and had an unpleasant discovery: I was told they had discontinued the use of down pillows and had converted 100% to those horrible rubber pillows.

Now, I understand those with allergies, but for at least some of us, those rubber pillows are horribly uncomfortable, and leave me with an aching neck. Most hotels offer a choice, and I'm surprised the Meridien has decided not to offer that.
I believe that it's a LM standard to have different types of pillows available for guests, so while I'm pleased that they came through for you, I also believe you got bad info.
Old May 2, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I know this is a little late for the OP, but just for future reference, Hynes Convention Center and Back Bay are relatively easily reached from the LM (although of course not as convenient as the Back Bay hotels). Walking wise, it is about 20-25 minutes, and a very enjoyable walk on a nice day. Just head straight down Mass Ave. On public transportation, hop on the "1" at Sydney and Mass and take it to Boylston st. The bus runs every 10 minutes or so, so you don't need to bother looking at a schedule. It runs until 1am.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Are there any cheap overnight public parking nearby this property?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
great reviews guys....staying here for a few nights later this year....i might have missed this in the thread but what is the closest t stop to this property????
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:34 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
5 minute walk from the Central Square T stop. A bit more than double that to Kendall. Both on the Red line. Allow lots of time!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
5 minute walk from the Central Square T stop. A bit more than double that to Kendall. Both on the Red line. Allow lots of time!
cool....thanks....
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
I just completed a four-night stay here for the MIT Mystery Hunt, on a cash-and-points award. As an SPG gold I got a standard king room, which was showing its age a little; a few of the fixtures in the bathroom were loose and the heat made a louder-than-usual clanking noise. (And the lobby still had the same lamp-style iMac it's had for years — it must be almost a decade old by now!) I'm a little disappointed that the hotel doesn't have much of the old HOTEL@MIT sciencey flavor; it's been redecorated into the standard Le Meridien look. But all in all it was a perfectly pleasant stay and I would have no problem returning.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

does anyone know how this property is handling the free breakfast issue for plats????is it going to be a choice between the 500 points & breakfast or do plats get free breakfast here in any case????
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Hi Guys,

Stayed there last night, booked a standard room and got upgraded to a corner suite (not using a cert).

Was given the choice between 500 points or full buffet breakfast, I took the breakfast.

Nice property, and cheap week-end rate.
The hotel did not seem really busy on that Sunday night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.