Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by lcpteck
This thread shows as breakfast in lounge only.
Yeah, I saw that, but it's from 8/2013, and the comment above is from February 2014. I've sent an email to ask. Will be back with their response.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
I'm contemplating booking a Club Room for 3 nights here in a few weeks. I've seen a number if references on Trip Advisor about noise to early morning from nearby nightclubs, even on "higher floors".

Noise is a big deal for me. Would appreciate any comments about the reality of external late night noise in Club level floors and any tips / particular areas (ie facing X way or Y) to avoid noise exposure.

Thanks
This is still a big issue. I stayed in March for a week facing the club area on a high floor. It was very noisy every night until about 4am, making it very difficult to get any rest.

I stayed again end of April and this time had a room overlooking the pool, away from the club district. This time my stay was only Sun to Wed, but it was still noisy at times, also from the clubs.

Both times I didn't have a choice of hotel. The rooms and the hotel are nice enough, they have got some of the little things right (always lots of free bottled water in the rooms, flexible food choices, nice bath room, good wifi etc ), location is ok but not great, for me the noise would be the reason not to stay there again.
Old May 18, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
If you are sensitive to noise, I would also recommend avoiding the top floor: The buzz of the elevator engine can be heard from at least some (possibly all) of the rooms.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Added SPG Instant Awards to wiki.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
New data point: People with access to lounge have an option to have their breakfast at Essence.

Also, on my few stays with them, they had kindly upgraded me into club room or better. So I'm getting 500 points instead.

Last edited by LuisHK; Jun 5, 2014 at 12:18 am
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by LuisHK
New data point: People with access to lounge have an option to have their breakfast at Essence.

Also, on my few stays with them, they had kindly upgraded me into club room or better. So I'm getting 500 points instead.
Well, for Platinums I guess 500 points is the first choice unless the property have no lounge or want access to better breakfast buffets at the main restaurant?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Well, for Platinums I guess 500 points is the first choice unless the property have no lounge or want access to better breakfast buffets at the main restaurant?
Somewhat true, but I would say this hotel has been treating me well so far - I got all of the above
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
I checked in here as a lowly corporate preferred guest.

The front desk is not very knowledgeable about the benefits of the corporate preferred tier and I had to keep insisting that the front desk agent was wrong before she even bothered asking her manager. After a lot of back and forth, I was given late checkout with a snarky comment. I asked if my room rate was eligible for earning starpoints and she got the room rate wrong and also the eligibility wrong. I was also given a keycard that did not work for late checkout after specifically asking her if the keycard would work for a 4pm late checkout. I just went for a swim at 3pm and found out my keys no longer work. Therefore, I had to sort it out by walking into the hotel lobby with my cold, wet shorts and sort it out with the front desk who informed me I was only given 3pm checkout even though I was told I was given a 4pm checkout.

I was also given an extra "bonus" in the form of a bogus breakfast buffet charge on my final bill.

Overall, the hotel, breakfast buffet @essence and the spa/jacuzzi/swimming facilities are nice. However, the front desk agent I dealt with was terrible, not very knowledgeable and downright adversarial. They also tacked on a bogus dining charge.

Last edited by madguy2; Oct 6, 2014 at 8:52 am
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:05 pm

Does anyone have any recent stay experience at this properly? I will be in KL in late December just after Christmas and I have two nights booked at the SI and two nights at the Westin.

Anyone have any comments on the current noise level?

Do Platinums still get comped breakfast at Essence?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by zzap
Does anyone have any recent stay experience at this properly? I will be in KL in late December just after Christmas and I have two nights booked at the SI and two nights at the Westin.

Stayed 3 nights ~5 weeks ago.
Offered brkfst at Essence without asking,noise was not an issue,I think most of the clubs are closed.

Suite on a high floor was huge but dated.
Lounge offerings were just so-so in the evening.

FD was eager to please.

All in all a pleasant stay.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Originally Posted by zzap

I did not notice any noise at SI
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:37 am

I have stayed at the SI over the years and would add that while in the past noise from the neighboring night clubs could be a problem, as mentioned by another poster above, this is no longer an issue. The clubbing area just outside the hotel is largely under renovation (and not sure if some of the loudest clubs are to return) so this isn't a concern anymore.

As mentioned, the location is not prime real-estate but I quite enjoy the easy access via monorail (2 min from the hotel) which during rush hour is a lot more efficient than relying on taxi to get around downtown/tourist areas.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
I'm in a suite on the 37th floor as I write this. There was a fire on Heritage Row and the only clubs still operating are the far end of the street and do not cause any disturbances at the hotel. The only noise I've experienced comes from the drag racing on Sultan Ismail in the middle of the night.

I've been staying here for umpteen years and I've found remarkably improved levels of service since my last visit 2 years ago. I find the suites very spacious, comfortable and in good repair. Platinums get breakfast in Essence and the lounge has been making me special fare in the evenings since i told them I'm vegetarian. All this, plus easy access to both the LTR and Monorail for just 2000 points + $35.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:55 am

I agree. I stayed here over Christmas and had a wonderful time. Can't think of any complaints for this property, and I had an excellent stay for the price.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Completing a 2 night stay here. Hotel offers tremendous value for the money. Lobby and restaurants are beautiful if you like a colonial feel.

I was disappointed to not be upgraded to a suite given the number of reports of upgrades here, and also from friends who have stayed here in the past. Hotel will only upgrade to Deluxe Suites and there were none available. There were Sheraton Club Suites available which were identical in description, size (904 sq ft) and photographs to the Deluxe Suite, but not available to this Platinum 100 member presumably because they were located on the Club Floor. (Ironic since I had just checked out from my 2100 sq ft penthouse suite at the Fairmont SIN, and I do less than 10 nights per year there.)

The Club Lounge is excellent with good selection of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres as well as beer, wine and liquor.

I ate breakfast in the Essence Restaurant which I thought had a fantastic Asian buffet. ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.