Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Le Meridien Rimini, Italy, Left SPG Jan 2014 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Le Meridien Rimini, Italy, Left SPG Jan 2014 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
So with the alternatives of:

Rimini Le Meridien for free (with a free weekend night voucher) or staying in San Marino and paying (I usually prefer to count visits to countries only after spending a night and meal there) which option would you take... is it really THAT bad?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: IHG RA - PC Plat - SPG Plat - Hilton Diamond - Sixt Plat
I live in Rimini and I consider the Le Meridien one of the top 3 hotels in the city (...and we have miles and miles of hotels). This is the hotel where my company sends VIP guests. It's a 4 star and it doesn't offer too many facilities, it's not a resort and not a destination hotel, but it's ok for a weekend.
Then it very much depends in which period you're planning to come, if you're renting a car, if you're travelling with children etc etc etc....
Anyway what I can tell for sure is that you won't find a better hotel in San Marino (especially in the old center...and it really doesn't make any sense to sleep on some of the hotels outside the center there...you'll be just on the side of the free highway connecting Rimini to San Marino...30 mins by car).
Let me know if I can help you with your trip..it's a pleasure!
ciao
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Luca T.
I live in Rimini and I consider the Le Meridien one of the top 3 hotels in the city (...and we have miles and miles of hotels). This is the hotel where my company sends VIP guests. It's a 4 star and it doesn't offer too many facilities, it's not a resort and not a destination hotel, but it's ok for a weekend.
Then it very much depends in which period you're planning to come, if you're renting a car, if you're travelling with children etc etc etc....
Anyway what I can tell for sure is that you won't find a better hotel in San Marino (especially in the old center...and it really doesn't make any sense to sleep on some of the hotels outside the center there...you'll be just on the side of the free highway connecting Rimini to San Marino...30 mins by car).
Let me know if I can help you with your trip..it's a pleasure!
ciao
I agree completely with Luca T.

Last weekend went for the Ducati event, and spent some time on the beach.

The hotel is still looking very good- had an upper floor room with a largeish balcony.

For those who are curious, secure underground parking is 15 EUR a day, and the beach is 16 EUR a day for two people.

Staff are excellent.

I think, given that is very similar in price/location, that the I-suite may be better? http://www.i-suite.it/
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any recent stays?

Looking for a resort-style hotel not too far from Milan. Pool looks very small in this property. How about everything else?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remymartin
Looking for a resort-style hotel not too far from Milan. Pool looks very small in this property. How about everything else?
Why not head to Lago di Garda or Como? Rimini is quite crowded from now until September including quite the traffic queue many days.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Why not head to Lago di Garda or Como? Rimini is quite crowded from now until September including quite the traffic queue many days.
I'm leaning towards those areas, too. Any recommendations?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm leaning towards those areas, too. Any recommendations?
Lago di Garda, Desenzano area, Sirmione and Riva del Garda are all very nice. Start with tripadvisor and see what is available given it is high season at the moment. Garda is very beautiful if you don't need to be at the beach. If you really must go to the beach (bad idea due to huge crowds) from Milano I would drive to Lignano.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: A few
Lago di Garda, Desenzano area, Sirmione and Riva del Garda are all very nice. Start with tripadvisor and see what is available given it is high season at the moment. Garda is very beautiful if you don't need to be at the beach. If you really must go to the beach (bad idea due to huge crowds) from Milano I would drive to Lignano.
If you do end up going to Lago di Garda, I have stayed at the Hotel Lago di Garda in Malcesine numerous times and really enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: SPG, HH
Great place, excellent service but .. get away from restaurant "Soleiado"
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
If you do end up going to Lago di Garda, I have stayed at the Hotel Lago di Garda in Malcesine numerous times and really enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Adrian
Good advice.

There are 1 or 2 restuarants at Rimini/Riccione that make it worth the trip alone.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:52 am

Good advice.

There are 1 or 2 restuarants at Rimini/Riccione that make it worth the trip alone.
Which ones?

Ended up by Lago Maggiore. Had a nice dinner in Orta San Giulio (worth the detour
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which ones?

Ended up by Lago Maggiore. Had a nice dinner in Orta San Giulio (worth the detour
This one for sure if you like fish and great wine:

http://www.ristoranteguido.it/pages/home.asp
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Does the hotel have a lounge and do plats get access?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
AFAIK: No
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
AFAIK: No
Correct- there is no lounge at this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.