Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Paris, France - Pre-2013 Remodel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince De Galles, Paris, France - Pre-2013 Remodel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by CIT85
I've never seen rates below €300 at this hotel, it's got to be a joke. I've only been at this hotel once on an award stay. I was treated very well and upgraded to a suite, so I have no complaints.
It was no joke, but it was a mistake price for a few hours that the hotel honoured with good grace. Was supposed to be €520 rather than €52 per night. Details in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...eur-night.html

We intend enjoying our 3 nights there in November at that rate. Happily sorted out where to go for our wedding anniversary this year - the dates matched rather conveniently ^

Last edited by RAPC; Jan 5, 2009 at 1:32 pm Reason: Added in the URL
Old Jan 5, 2009, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
It was no joke, but it was a mistake price for a few hours that the hotel honoured with good grace. Was supposed to be €520 rather than €52 per night. Details in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...eur-night.html

We intend enjoying our 3 nights there in November at that rate. Happily sorted out where to go for our wedding anniversary this year - the dates matched rather conveniently ^
Haha, I see, I was thinking, "What the? Must be a joke". @:-)
Old Jan 5, 2009, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by AusEuroFlyer
Haha, I see, I was thinking, "What the? Must be a joke". @:-)
Well I don't think the hotel management was laughing in the morning when the mistake was discovered

As I say though, they dealt with it rather well as a PR exercise, so ^
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Any renovated rooms here?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: SVO - WKORV, WPORV, WKV, WSJ
Considering the recent reviews - what do you think of the upcoming change from Cat 6 to Cat 7 for PDG (while Westin Paris is staying at Cat 6)?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bluztuzumab
Considering the recent reviews - what do you think of the upcoming change from Cat 6 to Cat 7 for PDG (while Westin Paris is staying at Cat 6)?
SPG has told us that Category is set by average room rate - not by reviews on FT or, god help us, TripAdvisor. That means people are paying good money, on average. The market speaks.

I'm excited about my upcoming 4-night, Euro 52/night stay.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 6:06 pm

Quote:
"Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
A message from the General Manager of Hotel Prince de Galles...

Thank you for your recent reservation and congratulations on such a great deal found at the Hotel Prince de Galles, a Starwood Art-déco jewel in the very center of Paris. We will gladly honor all the reservations received, although no changes or amendments will be granted. As this was indeed an exceptional opportunity, we are also giving an exceptional chance to cancel any reservations without penalty, until Friday, November 21st, 3pm, Paris time. After that time, the credit card(s) used for the reservations will be charged and the reservation conditions will apply.

So, I guess we can officially move on to Level 6.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected] "

All i'd encourage you to check your bookings i haven't touched mine.... and it appears as CANCELLED... so much for Starwood and SPG being TRUSTWORTHY..... you can not trust what they say....
Old Feb 21, 2009, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by kawoh

All i'd encourage you to check your bookings i haven't touched mine.... and it appears as CANCELLED... so much for Starwood and SPG being TRUSTWORTHY..... you can not trust what they say....
Just checked mine and it is still in place and fine.

Perhaps it would be better to investigate this through SPG or the Lurkers before suggesting that Starwood and SPG are not trustworthy. It sounds like at a genuine mistake at best, or the hotel not standing by what they said at worst. Either way, not the doing of Starwood or SPG.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: SVO - WKORV, WPORV, WKV, WSJ
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
SPG has told us that Category is set by average room rate - not by reviews on FT or, god help us, TripAdvisor. That means people are paying good money, on average. The market speaks.

I'm excited about my upcoming 4-night, Euro 52/night stay.
Regardless of the 52 euro per nite 'mistake' (man-o-man, I must come from an era with different values...) - the question still stands - PDG or Westin Paris?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Ah, good, my Prince de Galles reservation (52 euro) still shows. Which is good considering they charged my card some time ago.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:51 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Well we are heading to PdG next week and my fingers are crossed for
a positive experience.

Like Stevens we had a wonderful visit there on our last stay.

I will definitely post a detailed trip report when we return.

I hope that the negative experiences were anomalies- so far we have been
VERY lucky on our Starwood stays in Europe. Ironically- our worst rooms were at the Imperial in Vienna & the Goldener Hirsch in Salzberg- two hotels everyone raves about. (though Schloss Fuschl came through for the Austrians

I can't remember when I've needed a vacation more- (or should I call it an escape from this global malaise?)

Will report sometime in April-
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:33 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We just returned from a truly wonderful stay at PdG- When I have time
later I will post a detailed trip report.

I must admit that I am totally confused by the negative comments in this thread bc not only was our room even nicer than on our last stay (in 2005) but the service and reception was excellent.

We have visited many of the *wood luxury properties in Europe- so I believe that we have a fair basis of comparison.

I suppose that there is always a YMMV component when one is traveling- but it still surprises me that there are negative reports when stevens397 and my husband and I have had such great visits at Prince de Galles.

More later . . .
Old Apr 3, 2009, 1:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Very good to hear that you had a good stay, considering I've just booked PdG for two days.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat 2MM. Starwood Lifetime Gold
Just returned from a 3 day award stay at PDG. Used 22,500 points vs 20,000 fror a junior suite. Requested an early check in by email to the Hotel. Upon arrival was informed that there were no Junior suites available for early check in but would upgrade to a front King suite Room was great. Staff was very helpful and Concierge was responsive to all of our requests. All in all a great stay on Starwood points - we would definitely visit again.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Posting a link to my review of our recent PDG stay, which was posted for sound reasons on the Westin thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post11869097

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.