Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sacramento, California [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Sacramento, California [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Arrow Four Points Sacramento, California [Master Thread]

Just happened to speak with the property management company which is opening a 4 Points in Sacramento, late Aug or early Sept. Out towards the airport, next to Arco Arena, at I-5 and Del Paso Blvd.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This is good news. Is it a new property? Or a redeveloped Motel 5?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Brand spankin' new! ^
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:17 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
This is just 1 of about 320 future Starwood properties that I have mapped. Until now, I only had this one mapped with precision to the City level. I've updated it to the approximate Address location.

Also coming to the area:
Sheraton Stockton (late 2007)
The Westin Verasa Napa (condo-hotel. Fall 2008.)

Related thread: Google Earth mapping for all SPG properties now available!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:52 pm

We stayed at this property last night for $95. We didn't get check it out too well, unfortunately, since we got there around 1 and wanted to get going this morning. They offerred a "buffet" breakfast for $11 that my wife compared to one offerred at Hawthorn Suites. Apparently they had only put out a couple of each item - they must not have anticipated a crowd.

There was a post it note in with the room key stating we had been upgraded (as Golds). We were on the fourth floor overlooking the parking lot and a lot of new development. It looks like there is a Walgreen's nearby but mainly construction beyond that. The room was comfortable and a decent size. Looking at the little map on the door, it appeared to be one of the smaller rooms. It had an HD tv, I think, and wireless and wired internet access. My wife peaked into another room and reports that the shower looked pretty nice. The one in our room was nothing special.

Everyone was very, very friendly, except for the front desk manager who checked us out this morning who was just fine. Two housekeepers greeted us as we walked by with one even asking how our stay was. ^ They did not put a bill under the door so we had to stop at the desk.

All in all, not too bad. We didn't see the pool but the website shows it as outdoors, so it wouldn't have been useful.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Just checked in tonight. I was offered choices of amenities, but no mention of upgrade. Logged onto SPG website from my room & sure enough no suite is available. However, it does appear that I've been downgraded. According to the room info on hotel website, all rooms have shower/tub combo. The room I got only has a walk-in shower. It really doesn't matter to me as I rarely use hotel tub anyway, but it'd irrate me if I was assigned the only room in the entire property that is different from all others (not in a good way ), especially when the hotel is half deserted.

FWIW, there is a restaurant/lounge on site, and they do offer a limited room service menu (appetizers, soup, pizza, sandwich & salad). There is also an In-N-Out Burger about 2 miles away, yum-yum .
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by rdchen
FWIW, there is a restaurant/lounge on site, and they do offer a limited room service menu (appetizers, soup, pizza, sandwich & salad). There is also an In-N-Out Burger about 2 miles away, yum-yum .
Mrs. Goodman works just down the street from the hotel so we watched it go up over the past year. There's actually an In-n-Out even closer that just opened up this week. It's right across the freeway from the hotel (less than half a mile). I wouldn't recommend walking though as Del Paso Road is a drag strip and it's not very ped friendly (especially around the freeway on and offramps). A student at the middle school down the street from the hotel was hit by a car and killed a few months ago.

If the place ever has cheap enough rates, I might consider it for a mattress run, but I haven't figured out what a cheap enough rate would be to entice me to a hotel with 'Four Points' and 'Sacramento Airport' in it's name. In all honesty, it looks nice from the outside and it's got to be one of the closer hotels to SMF outside of the Host hotel at the airport.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:34 am

To update my earlier post, there are many restaurants and stores across the freeway from the hotel. I am really not sure how I missed them the first time.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:57 am

I've stayed here but I can't recall the gym. The pics at spg.com show just half the room. Does anyone remember if they have elliptical machines? I can't remember.
Thanks
Old May 1, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Very non-competitive rates

I have to be in this area for a couple of nights at the end of june-prices are much more then the direct competition(SHS-HGI)is this property really filling rooms at those high rates-or just holding the line and filling the rooms with priceliners?
Old May 1, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: * A
What price are you getting? The hotel is okay IMHO, but I'd take the downtown location unless you have to be at the fourpoints or the rate difference is more than 100$. The grand sacramento location used to fit my needs better (closer to Mikuni sushi and good restaurants, their fitness center is also decent). If you are out there on Thu-Sun, vs Mon-Fri; rates are not too different among the two spg properties at Sac-town. The hotel was never busy when I was staying there late 07/early 08 before early morning flights to IAD.
Old May 1, 2009, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

bigguy -- I often have booked rooms at that property for less than $100.

Let me know when you will be in town.....dinner?
Old May 3, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by noirpepper
What price are you getting? The hotel is okay IMHO, but I'd take the downtown location unless you have to be at the fourpoints or the rate difference is more than 100$. The grand sacramento location used to fit my needs better (closer to Mikuni sushi and good restaurants, their fitness center is also decent). If you are out there on Thu-Sun, vs Mon-Fri; rates are not too different among the two spg properties at Sac-town. The hotel was never busy when I was staying there late 07/early 08 before early morning flights to IAD.
I am getting $129 AAA weekend rate-$109 prebook.
HGI and SHS are both coming in at $79 AAA rate(which is cancelabe with 24H notice)
Old May 3, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: * A
I have stayed at $99 rates w the 24 hours cancellation at this property. For weekends, the downtown spg should have rates aroun $109 w/ decent location plus parking charges. Last time I was at the FP SMF, they did not have a parking fee. Don't forget the free nights promotion spg is running into your calculations.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How far is this property from the airport? Any special perks that they offer (property-specific) for Plats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.