Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Pool, Sauna, and Health Club Admittance Policy
  • The health club is closed on the first Thursday of every month.
  • Due to health club regulations and safety reasons, children under 12 years old are not allowed to enter the pool, even if accompanied by an adult.
  • An entrance fee applies for use of the pool, sauna, and health club.
  • Guests who have a tattoo may not be permitted to use the hotel’s pools or other facilities where the tattoo might be visible to other guests.
Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by miloworld
Wow, thanks for the album pictures. It's the first time seeing the entire renovated rooms, could never find them on TA etc.

Did you book those renovate rooms? or upgraded as a Plat.
I've hear Plats receiving the 2x sized suite, with a long sofa but not renovated.

I'm staying during the busy Summer vacation season,
hopefully I'll manage to get at least a renovated room.

EDIT: Looking at the photos, the older rooms don't seem TOO bad
I received a Platinum upgrade to the Comfort Room during only 1 of my stays. Yeah frankly speaking the base rooms are fine. I like the liquid hand soap (provided in all rooms I believe).
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I like the liquid hand soap (provided in all rooms I believe).
Yes, soap is so 2000-and-late. Do you happen to know if its Ecolab lol.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:26 am

Yes, soap is so 2000-and-late. Do you happen to know if its Ecolab lol.
Very nice texture and smell.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Thanks for the helpful feedback. Although it's the same Miyako chain, can I just make sure we're talking about the same hotel in Osaka?

It's annoying my dates require more points to redeem a standard King room vs the base standard Queen room. With only 1 sqm difference, it can't be that much different right?

It seems borderline gaming the inventory in a way to earn more pts.
Hi Milo- yes this was my experiences on the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo. I stayed at the St Regis in Osaka.

On my last stay the superior king room was quite small for just my spouse and I. It's the same room shown on their website. The hotel had a conference along with many tour groups so no upgrade this last time and also I was in the older room/ non renovated one...it had a really old style bathtub with old shower head typical of 1970's Asian hotels :-(

Soap was basic Sheraton kind, not nearly as good as the ones provided when we had the executive suites. Hotel was at 100% occupancy.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I like the liquid hand soap (provided in all rooms I believe).
A reason why I take a bar from my previous hotel stay so that I can use it here.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Anyone have a current email address for this hotel? I tried both emails listed on this thread ([email protected] and [email protected]) and both bounced immediately.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:36 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by kirax2
Anyone have a current email address for this hotel? I tried both emails listed on this thread ([email protected] and [email protected]) and both bounced immediately.
It's room-rsv.osaka@miyakohotels.ne.jp and front-dpt.osaka@miyakohotels.ne.jp, both should be working.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Originally Posted by jix
It's room-rsv.osaka@miyakohotels.ne.jp and front-dpt.osaka@miyakohotels.ne.jp, both should be working.
Thank you!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:51 am

Post Sheraton Club Lounge Closure: November 9 - 14, 2016

Sheraton Club Lounge Closure: November 9 - 14, 2016

From November 9 through November 14, 2016, the Sheraton Club Lounge will be closed for equipment maintenance and inspection. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
anyone stay here lately? Will be staying here in feb. how far is the nearest subway/train?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Evident
how far is the nearest subway/train?
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=3092
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Evident
anyone stay here lately? Will be staying here in feb. how far is the nearest subway/train?
Hotel sits on top of a subway station called Tanimachi Kyūchōme. I stay there yearly so station name becomes easy to remember.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Stayed here for three nights as Platinum, got upgraded to junior suite access to health club, breakfast at restaurant, club access and some discount vouchers.... Daily rate was 11k including taxes. A good deal I think. Staff is great, the hotel has despite recent renovation a distinct, 80s feel to it.... In any way a better deal than most similar hotels especially as a platinum
​​
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
Stayed here for three nights as Platinum, got upgraded to junior suite access to health club, breakfast at restaurant, club access and some discount vouchers.... Daily rate was 11k including taxes. A good deal I think. Staff is great, the hotel has despite recent renovation a distinct, 80s feel to it.... In any way a better deal than most similar hotels especially as a platinum
​​
I always stay here when in Osaka but only got upgraded to their Suite with Twin beds once (since there are very limited rooms available) . I'll be staying 1 night at the new Marriott in May (on points of course), will see how that goes.

Last edited by lcpteck; Feb 22, 2017 at 4:14 am
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
This hotel is in a great location if you're hanging out in Osaka, the train station takes you to all of the cool spots you would want to be. Only drawback is it takes a bit of time toto Osaka or Shin-Osaka station, but thats pretty minor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.