Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi Golf Resort & Spa, Bangkok, Thailand, Now opening Nov 16 '14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Facility Availability Information

Please note that Favola restaurant, Le Méridien Club Lounge and the Kids Club are scheduled to open in early 2015. Until this time, Club Lounge benefits will be provided in Latitude 13ş 39’.

In addition, Explore Spa is scheduled to open by May 2015. Please contact the resort for further information.

Ongoing Guestroom Project Until January 2015

Until January 2015, ongoing work will take place in some guestroom areas. During this time, guests may experience minimal noise. Please contact the resort for further information.
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi Golf Resort & Spa, Bangkok, Thailand, Now opening Nov 16 '14

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by qasr
Where is the sister property?
Presumably Le Meridien Bangkok? And whichever other hotels in BKK the owner owns :P
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:50 am

In a situation where we make a Category 2 points booking and have to be moved to a property in the city that costs more points, will the difference be charged?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
In a situation where we make a Category 2 points booking and have to be moved to a property in the city that costs more points, will the difference be charged?
Hmmmm... ... that's an idea!

Anyone have the answer?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Hmmmm... ... that's an idea!

Anyone have the answer?
I wasn't asking to game the system -- we have a 6 am flight out of BKK, hence a desire to stay here the night before, but if we're going to be charged more points to move back into the city (i.e., farther away from the airport), I'd seriously consider staying at a non-SPG property much closer to BKK instead.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
I wasn't asking to game the system -- we have a 6 am flight out of BKK, hence a desire to stay here the night before, but if we're going to be charged more points to move back into the city (i.e., farther away from the airport), I'd seriously consider staying at a non-SPG property much closer to BKK instead.
I know. But it's an interesting idea nonetheless

To answer your question, IMO they should not charge you more. I'd take the situation as similar to "walking" a guest. However, I seem to recall instances posted here on FT where the booking was cancelled for certain reasons and no redress made.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Presumably Le Meridien Bangkok? And whichever other hotels in BKK the owner owns :P
Just because they're the same brand, no reason to believe they have aame owner.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by qasr
Just because they're the same brand, no reason to believe they have aame owner.
Looks like the owner doesn't own any other *Wood-managed hotels. Presumably *Wood will help migrate affected guests to *Wood hotels in the city.

http://www.summitwindmillgolfclub.co...it-corporation

Btw, I don't play golf, but can those who do tell me if this course sounds like it would be worth inviting people to play on?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
One of the other posters said they were being booked to the Westin!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:21 pm

An update. Hotel has replied to my query as to why it is now only allowing bookings from 16 Nov, and what will happen to my stay on 14 Nov.

"While construction is proceeding at a brisk pace, we have seen that some areas require some more time before unveiling this spectacular new hotel. Therefore we have decided recently to accept only bookings from the second half of November onwards to ensure we are able to accommodate our guest.

While there is still a possibility that we may open earlier, we may recommend at the moment to assist you in arranging a booking at our sister property, the beautiful Westin Grande Sukhumvit at westingrandesukhumvit.com and offer you the same opening offer amenities & rates you reserved with us or amend your booking to a stay at a later date."

I've emailed to confirm that C&P and Points-Only bookings will retain the same rate even though the Westin is a higher cat, but I suspect the answer will be yes.

Unfortunately, I don't fancy the Westin, so I'm cancelling my bookings . Good for those who do though!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:28 am

Further update:

The LeM has replied by email to confirm that, as expected, they will absorb any difference in price or points should they be unable to honour reservations and have to transfer bookings to the Westin Grande Sukhumvit.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:25 am

Btw, I don't play golf, but can those who do tell me if this course sounds like it would be worth inviting people to play on?
Currently staying at the Four Points Sukhumvit. I played the Summit Windmill course this morning. 30 minute taxi ride; but this was at 6 AM.

3000 Baht green fee
350 caddy fee
700 cart fee

400 caddy tip.

Caddies are mandatory. A cart is optional. If you don't get one, the caddy will use a push cart to carry your bag.

It is a very nice well-maintained course. I thought the fairways and greens were in perfect condition. All kinds of water and numerous bunkers.

Large modern clubhouse, and locker room use is included with the fees.

I wonder how much the fees will be raised once the hotel is open. Or maybe hotel guests will get member rates!

http://www.summitwindmillgolfclub.co...k_golf_course/

Summit Windmill Golf Club was the first property acquired by Summit Corporation. The club with over 2000 members has achieved outstanding results, which is due to Summit Corporations commitment to quality, service and value. Summit’s hospitality portfolio has grown through its own development projects & strategic acquisitions. Our portfolio includes, Summit Green Valley Chiang Mai, Summit Windmill Golf Residence, Summit On Green Magazine, Berkeley International school and Monopoly Park. An upcoming addition project is Le Meridien Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Golf Resort & Spa. It will be the only 5 Star Hotel in Suvarnabhumi and Samuthprakarn Areas.

Last edited by lostone; Sep 18, 2014 at 1:33 am
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This property is bookable before Nov 16th through an OTA. BRG opportunity?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
This property is bookable before Nov 16th through an OTA. BRG opportunity?
I wonder if that will work, since the hotel has said it may not be open in time :P?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:22 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Opening now delayed to 16 November..will it ever open.

I was offered switch to Westin Sukumvit. 7000 Points for my Late October Stay

3000 Points from My Account credited from previous Meridien Suvarnabhumi Award

4000 Marketing Points from Meridien Suvarnabhumi

All quite efficient.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Condition One
Seems like a great option for layovers. Hopefully cabbies won't be annoyed to take such a short fare.
I hear you. I stayed near the airport several years back and when I told him the location he started what I assume was cursing under his breath which continued during the ride. As we got closer he said "Why you stay here? No beer....no girls....NO NOTHING!!!"

Being that I had been up 24 hours and wasn't in the mood for anymore BS I told him "ITS NONE OF YOU F-ING BUSINESS!"

Booked for December 25, hope I don't get him again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.